• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ChordPro and Multiple Singers
Sorry if this has already been addressed somewhere else.  I have a good portion of my charts in ChordPro format.  I like the flexibility it gives me when working with different people, who need things in different keys or have different devices for chart display.  I perform solo as well as in groups.

In group settings, there are times where I'd like to include the backup singer lines and/or make some kind of change to differentiate between the singers in a duet.  At present, I just add a comment with something like 'person1' or 'person2' but this gets to be very confusing on the screen.  In PDF format, I usually just use different font colors and denote in the beginning what color a person should be looking for.  From what I can see, the ChordPro format doesn't allow for font color except as a 'directive' but those tags don't seem to work in MSP.  I tried adding a highlight over certain words but, when you move to another device or export, that highlight doesn't seem to hold with the text but sticks to a specific spot, which just means a random blotch on the screen.  LOL!

Is there a way in MSP to either tag specific text with a different color and/or force your highlight to stick to the text it was originally highlighting?  It might be that there is a better way in general to make a chart that encompasses all the singing parts in the same chart, without making it too confusing.  I hope I'm explaining this correctly.  Thanks!

Michael
ChordPro recently adopted the Pango Markup Language (https://developer.gnome.org/pygtk/stable...guage.html) to be used in all texts. This makes it possible to have (parts of) the lyrics in differing colors, bold, italic and so on.

Mike has promished to implement this in MSPro as well. A bit of patience it still required, though...
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
Great. This has been discussed for ages. I'm eagerly waiting for this feature.
It's not yet part of the latest ChordPro V0.973, right?

If someone is interested take a look here:
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/chordpro...DoxNg0AgAJ
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

It will be part of 0.974, probably later this week.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
The next update for MobileSheetsPro will strip out pango syntax (until proper support can be added in the future). This will allow users to make use of the syntax in their files without it causing problems in MobileSheetsPro. 

Mike