• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feature request: S-Pen support?
I don't know where to post this, so .. I hope it's in the right forum Smile

I was wondering if you'd be open to supporting more of the Samsung S-Pen - it has these 'air gestures' these days, which would actually sortof work to use as a page turn indicator. Or even just supporting the button on it.
Are you looking for support of what Samsung calls "Air Actions"? See this link: https://developer.samsung.com/galaxy/spen-remote

They opened that up to developers so they can receive the events. So it does look like I can support some of the S-Pen remote features. I'll have to think about how to set that up in MobileSheetsPro though. I may have to set up a separate section in the settings dedicated to mapping what the S-Pen actions do. Those settings would be hidden on devices that don't support the S-Pen.

Mike
It would be very nice to have something like a quick edit feature with the samsung pen. So you only have to use the pen to make handwritten annotations into the music sheets without need to choose the editing tool.
Yes, I would love that, too.
(And quite a lot of other things currently on Mike's list...)
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
Yes for Google's Pixel Slate/Pixelbook pen which has button too.
There has to be an SDK in order to register custom stylus events. I don't know much about the Pixel Slate/Pixelbook pen, but if the button is just a key press, you can already map it to actions in MobileSheetsPro. If not, I would need to find a library from Google to receive the button press event.

Mike
(09-28-2019, 02:07 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Are you looking for support of what Samsung calls "Air Actions"? See this link: https://developer.samsung.com/galaxy/spen-remote

They opened that up to developers so they can receive the events. So it does look like I can support some of the S-Pen remote features. I'll have to think about how to set that up in MobileSheetsPro though. I may have to set up a separate section in the settings dedicated to mapping what the S-Pen actions do. Those settings would be hidden on devices that don't support the S-Pen.

Mike

Yes, that Smile

I keep being amazed by this piece of software... and the developer Smile
(you really do need a tip fund)
Well both Samsung and Google joined Universal Stylus Initiative.
I'd like to chime in: just using the stylus and be able to annote right away would be very cool....

On a sidenote:
I dont know if it is only recently or I just didnt notice earlier: when doing annotations in zoomed view (often necessary) and panning the visible area it happens very often that instead of panning the page is turned... Not only are you thrown out of the loop on your editing but also the undo list is lost... can it be made harder to actually turn the page when in zoomed view? That would be awesome. Thanks
I'll look into that. I enabled swipe gestures with the finger to turn pages, but it should be disabled when panning the visible area. I'm guessing the logic is still firing when zoomed in. Perhaps I need to only allow it when you are fully zoomed out.

Mike
(09-28-2019, 05:37 PM)ckloidt Wrote: It would be very nice to have something like a quick edit feature with the samsung pen. So you only have to use the pen to make handwritten annotations into the music sheets without need to choose the editing tool.
I agree, it will be very convenient to take notes during rehearsals on my Note Pro 12.2 "Smile
Just a follow-up to this - I set up the air action configuration as detailed by Samsung here https://developer.samsung.com/galaxy-spe...tions.html, and none of it worked at all. My app is never notified of any of the air gestures. I am able to respond to raw events, meaning I can get the button click as well as positional information, but I have no desire to have to implement my own gesture recognizer for the stylus air gestures, so I'm not going to pursue supporting this any further as Samsung's framework just doesn't work properly and they decided not to provide a gesture recognizer for the raw events. This is all complicated in order to only recognize certain gestures like flicks and circles, but not interfere with the normal use of the stylus when annotating, so I'd rather spend my time working on other features that will benefit more users. If anyone is motivated and wants to developer the code to recognize air gestures without it intefering with normal stylus use, I'm happy to integrate that solution.

Mike