• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Popup ads in app?
Hi, all --

I've noticed that whenever I return to using MobileSheets after a time away, I get an ad I have to click out of before I can get back to the app. What gives?

Is there a way I can turn off ads in my app? (After all, I've paid money for the app, and shouldn't have to pay with my time to navigate past ads.)

Thanks --
Beth
Hello Beth,

That is not MobileSheetsPro popping up the ad, I assure you. As long as you downloaded the app through a legitimate app store such as Google Play, then there should never be advertisements.  If you downloaded the app through a random third party store or through an unsafe link on the web, then all bets are off as someone could inject adware into the APK potentially. If you did install the app in the normal fashion, then you most likely have adware installed on your device. Please go through your list of installed applications and uninstall any that are suspect. 

Mike
I did a simple Google search and found this link: https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/android-ap...p-adverts/

There are some suggestions in there for tracking down the application that is responsible for displaying the ads.

Mike
(10-10-2019, 02:13 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I did a simple Google search and found this link: https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/android-ap...p-adverts/

There are some suggestions in there for tracking down the application that is responsible for displaying the ads.

Mike

Thanks so much for your quick reply, Mike. Was pretty sure that it wasn't you guys, but didn't want to assume. Will check your link and get the bottom of this.

Beth 
There is a "Superpowered" splash screen that pops up when MSP first runs which is something to do with one of the libraries Mike uses. Normally you don't have to click anything to get it to go away. I assume you don't mean that.

Regards

Andy