• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MobileSheets v2.7.7 and MobileSheetsPro v2.7.6 Released
The change was made to prevent issues where a button is created on one tablet, and you transfer that song to another tablet, and the button becomes bigger or smaller on that tablet, as the button is trying to maintain its size relative to the page below it. Instead, if a button is 90 dp (density-independent pixels), it will be 90 dp on every device regardless of the page size. This means that the button may cover a little more or less of the page on each device, but the number of pixels used for the button is the same. The smallest button size right now is 67.5 dp. What is the size of your device that 67.5 dp is taking up that much of the screen? Is that a cell phone by chance? 

If you create a new smart button with the smallest size, does it match those buttons? In the previous version, if you had buttons created from one device and you added another button on a different device, even if the buttons were both set to the smallest size, they could appear as different sizes. With this update, the buttons will now appear as the same size on the score. I think this is a better approach overall. If you create a new button and the size is different than the other buttons that are also set to the smallest size, then there is definitely a problem and I will have to look into that.

I do plan on changing the smart button implementation as part of the annotation rework. With that update, I want the smart button size to be something users can easily change by dragging, much like shapes in the current annotations editor. This will be more flexible than a set of predefined sizes. In the meantime, if you would like me to add sizes for "Smaller" and "Smallest" so that you make the buttons 30dp or 45 dp, I can certainly do that.

Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: MobileSheets and MobileSheetsPro v2.7.6 Released - by Zubersoft - 10-29-2019, 08:00 AM