• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
syncing songs
On Windows 10 Mobile Sheets Pro I can't seem to make syncing work between my PC and my Windows Surface tablet. 
I'm scanning songs from my scanner to the PC in a folder in One Drive and then I go to the sync function on my PC or table and select the One Drive folder and start the sync which goes through the process but the new song doesn't show up on the song list in Mobile Sheets on either device. What am I doing wrong?
It's important to understand how the sync function works. MobileSheets uploads an exact copy of your library to the sync folder you choose. That means a database file is present in the sync folder along with all of the song files. If you just copy a new file into the sync folder, that's not going to update the database, so MobileSheets won't know anything about that file. If you look on the sync screen, there is a setting to scan the sync folder for new files, but this is incredibly slow as MobileSheets will have to go through every single folder looking for any new files.  A much better approach is just to import the files into the library on either your PC or tablet, then sync your library to the cloud folder, then on the other device, sync to that same folder and the file will be pulled down. That way you don't have to scan the entire folder for new files. Let me know if that makes sense.

Mike
(11-03-2019, 02:32 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: It's important to understand how the sync function works. MobileSheets uploads an exact copy of your library to the sync folder you choose. That means a database file is present in the sync folder along with all of the song files. If you just copy a new file into the sync folder, that's not going to update the database, so MobileSheets won't know anything about that file. If you look on the sync screen, there is a setting to scan the sync folder for new files, but this is incredibly slow as MobileSheets will have to go through every single folder looking for any new files.  A much better approach is just to import the files into the library on either your PC or tablet, then sync your library to the cloud folder, then on the other device, sync to that same folder and the file will be pulled down. That way you don't have to scan the entire folder for new files. Let me know if that makes sense.

Mike
Thanks for your explanation and advice Mike. Actually all I want to do is to scan sheet music to my PC and then transfer it to Mobile Sheets in my tablet. It finally dawned on me that all I have to do is to scan the songs to a folder in One Drive and then import them to my tablet from there. That's working fine. Duh!  Smile

PS.  The app is really nice.