• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have folders in list of setlists?
Adding folders/groupings in between other setlists would basically require a complete rewrite of the setlists tab and all of the supported actions (long press processing, tapping, etc). Adding a separate tab that is of a similar design as the other tabs but is a group of setlists would require far fewer changes. Imagine this as being kind of like the "Collections" tab but for setlists instead of individual songs. Even this would require a lot of new code though as it would technically be three layers deep instead of two. 

The level of effort involved is why I haven't tackled something like this yet. Adding support for setlist groupings on the setlists tab seems like the best path, but involves the greatest amount of work and changes. It would require new editing tools and options, new database tables, and lots of UI changes.  I've been putting this off until the other high priority issues are worked (i.e. the annotations redesign, iOS version and frequently requested features like chord pro grids and chord diagrams). While going down this path, I may decide to redesign certain aspects of the library lists to support new features and capabilities. 

Mike

Messages In This Thread
Have folders in list of setlists? - by madoues - 11-05-2019, 11:55 PM
RE: Have folders in list of setlists? - by jeffn1 - 11-06-2019, 02:00 AM
RE: Have folders in list of setlists? - by itsme - 11-06-2019, 07:18 AM
RE: Have folders in list of setlists? - by Zubersoft - 11-06-2019, 04:54 PM
RE: Have folders in list of setlists? - by BRX - 11-06-2019, 09:13 PM