• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BackUp-problem
I try to backup my library from my Surface Pro (WIN 10) to my desktop (WIN 10) using the compain.
Everything is working fine, but I never reach 100%. It stopps at 99%.
The Surface Pro tells me that all has been sucessfull done, but on the desktop PC I only can Cancel for hours!
If I do that the Backup-file that has been created new just before is deleted.
---------------------------------------------------------
13" - Point of View POV_TAB-P1325, Android 4.1.1
13" - Point of View POV_TAB-I1345, Android 5.1.1
Microsoft Surface Pro 4; Windows 10
Phone: Motorola Moto G3, Android 6.0
Is there a reason you don't just create the backup on the Surface Pro itself (Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library) and then transfer the file to the other PC or the cloud? I'm just checking - the companion app should definitely work regardless, but I wanted to pose this as an alternative.

I have on rare occasions seen something similar to what you are describing, but I have created backups over 4 GB in size using the companion a number of times without any issues. I can run some tests with large libraries to see if I encounter any problems, but I think this is very dependent upon the router being used and the network quality. I'll let you know what I find using my Surface Pro 4 with the companion on my PC.

Mike
I had something similar (https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...p?tid=5645)

It worked ok the next day (the pc had been rebooted).

If rebooting doesn't work, try killing the Companion using the Task Manager (see above link) 

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
Hello Mike,

I use the desktop PC to write leadsheets using musescore. Than I move those files to mobilesheets on the surface using the companion. Next I save the changes as a backup via companion to the desktop PC. Libraries of other tablets are synced from the surface pro.

If I create a backup on the surface pro I have to move it later to the desktop PC - double action.

The surface pro and the desktop PC are both connected by cable to the Fritzbox.

This doesn't happen every time I try to backup, but at about 75% of my backups are going wrong by that issue.

@Geoff Bacon: Killing the companion solves the problem! Thank You.
---------------------------------------------------------
13" - Point of View POV_TAB-P1325, Android 4.1.1
13" - Point of View POV_TAB-I1345, Android 5.1.1
Microsoft Surface Pro 4; Windows 10
Phone: Motorola Moto G3, Android 6.0