• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Copying songs and editing them separately
Hello, I want to copy a song within a setlist and have two (or more) different versions of the song in the same songlist, but I can't find out how to do this.  I have made a copy of the song, but when I edit one of the versions, the other version is edited the same way, I also tried to rename one version, but then the other version was renamed too, so they seem to be inseparable twins..
Long press the song. Press the 3 dots at the top right. There you find copy. In the following dialog rename the song and hit save
Samsung Galaxy Tab S7 FE Android 12
Samsung Note Pro 12.2 LineageOS 14.1
Huawei Media Pad M3 lite Android 7
When you say you made a copy, what do you mean? I suspect you have just added the song to the setlist a second time. This does just that, adds the same song a second time. So if you edit the song, both entries in the setlist point to that same newly edited song.

If you want multiple versions of a song you have to make multiple versions in the library. One way of doing this is as McAroni details. This will create a copy of the original song that points to the same PDF (or whatever). You can then make changes to the new copy, like adding annotations, and they won't affect the original.

HTH

Andy
(11-27-2019, 09:15 PM)AndyL Wrote: When you say you made a copy, what do you mean? I suspect you have just added the song to the setlist a second time. This does just that, adds the same song a second time. So if you edit the song, both entries in the setlist point to that same newly edited song.

If you want multiple versions of a song you have to make multiple versions in the library. One way of doing this is as McAroni details. This will create a copy of the original song that points to the same PDF (or whatever). You can then make changes to the new copy, like adding annotations, and they won't affect the original.

HTH

Andy
Thanks, I actually found out for myself that I had been doing it wrong.. Now it works :-)

Ketil