• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
file manager for MSP (sort of)
This is probably only for those who manage their files themselves and have changes for their files and file structure often.

That's me actually. I happen to have file, path and folder changes frequently. To update these in MSP I always have to use swap from the song menu with all 
the necessary clicks/taps and navigation.

I'd like to suggest a (simple) internal file manager in which one can rename and move the (maybe also swap) the source files with direct changes in
the respective database entries so you don't have to edit the song separately. I reckon there has to be some identification of the paths and names with search & replace so I don't know how complicated that is, especially if there are many entries for the same file.

Do you consider this doable? I think it would be a very useful addition to the MSP features and probably something other sheet viewer don't have.
Sciurius'  MSPro Tools https://github.com/sciurius/MSPro-Tools are doing an excellent job for tasks like this.
Find attached an example how I combined them with old-fashioned batch file scripting

Attached Files
.txt   _reloc_T2Rel.bat.txt (Size: 1.53 KB / Downloads: 2)
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

BRX,

It really depends on what the UI would look like and be capable of. The more it represents a full-blown file manager with browsing capabilities, searching, renaming, deleting, etc, the more complicated it would be and the more time it would require to implement. I don't have a good sense from your description of exactly how it would all work with MobileSheetsPro file paths. Would I basically show all folders but only show files tied to MobileSheetsPro songs? How would the user go about initiating actions like moving? Like a regular file manager where you long press, then tap cut/move, then paste it in the location you want it? Depending upon your answer, I'll have to think through the details to know how likely it is that I can implement it in the future. I just have to decide if it benefits users enough based on the amount of work required.

Mike
Mike, I was intentionally vague about the exact "specs" because I wanted to bring up the general idea and see what you say to the implications.

But well, considering the different platforms and the least amount of change (I think) something like this would work:

The same kind of file browser as for swapping and importing of files can be used. I think all files should show up regardless of MSP association.

When you select the file and long press you get a menu for moving and renaming (maybe also for copying and swapping).
Renaming should give a field to put in a new name obviously.

For moving and copying then there should be an ask for a destination folder (or file for swap) which can be chosen with the file browser as well.
Maybe there can be another ask if the database should be changed according to the new path/name etc.?

And after that the action for the files should take place and change the paths in the database similar to the swap feature or correction of wrong paths you
already have in MSP.

It would be nice if one could select multiple files or a complete folder for batch moves, batch file and folder renames and the respective batch corrections in the database. But 
even single file actions/corrections would be helpful.

What do you think?

@itsme Thanks for the hint of Scirius' scripts. But you have of course to use a PC, have Perl instead and it's not usable on-the-fly. I'd like to have a simpler method "on board" of the 
tablet like I described.