• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone tried MSP on a Google Pixel Slate?
I'm looking for a new tablet specifically for MSP, and a lot of previous experience gigging with 10" tablets has taught me that they're slightly too small to be ideal for comfortable reading of music.

So I'm looking for a 12" tablet and the choices in the Android world are very limited, but I just discovered the Google Pixel Slate which looks like a good candidate, especially considering there is an optional stylus for it.

Despite getting slated (pun intended) for poor software in its initial 2018 reviews (even though people were generally impressed with the hardware), Google eventually fixed the chronic lagginess and UI issues, and more recent 2019 reviews are generally extremely positive, e.g.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPewg-EpP_w

It's unfortunate that Google has since decided to discontinue making tablets; however they are still maintaining Chrome OS for their laptop devices (in fact version 79 arrived just a few days ago).  So the Pixel Slate isn't necessarily the dead-end investment it first appears.

Furthermore as it's over a year old and never achieved high popularity, it seems fairly easy to pick them up cheap on eBay.  So I'm highly tempted to try one.

My only remaining question is - has anyone tried running MobileSheets Pro on one?  If so, does it work well?  What about the stylus?

Thanks!

P.S. Recommendations for alternative 12" tablets are also welcome.
I've four of these running purely for MSPro including Google Pen and I'm super happy:
https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...p?tid=5920

I've disabled and uninstalled what I could and after 4 hours gig running in master/slave mode on Bluetooth there was still 80% juice left (brightness about 35%).
Wow, I didn't even know about master/slave mode - that's an awesome feature  [Image: biggrin.gif]

Thanks so much for the quick reply - I'm definitely going to get one now!
(12-22-2019, 11:10 PM)aspiers Wrote: Wow, I didn't even know about master/slave mode - that's an awesome feature  [Image: biggrin.gif]

Thanks so much for the quick reply - I'm definitely going to get one now!

You should really read the manual.
You will not believe how good MS Pro is.
And Mike's support.
Looks like Google is clearing out their inventory of Google Pixel Slates as they are stopping production of tablets and focusing just on the Pixelbook. If anyone is interested in getting a Pixel Slate with a hefty discount and a free pen and keyboard, now is the time. I figured I would mention this just in case anyone would benefit from the information. 

Mike
Pixel Slate is on sale since August 2019.
UK prices are still crazy high at the moment.
No free pen and keyboard in UK.

$450 is great value for fantastic tablet in US.
I've been delighted with mine so far - great piece of kit.  Google sometimes make some really strange strategic decisions ...