• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connect Tablets (transposed charts on each tablet), Combine Songs, Connection Issues
Hi Andrew. With the cloud services I've used (dropbox and google drive) the players wouldn't need a subscription/licence. The librarian or the orchestra would have an account, that account would come with some free storage, if you need more storage then you'd pay a subscription (i.e. the librarian or orchestra would). There are then a couple of ways to give the players access to the files. The person controlling the account can either create a link to the file/folder (which can then be sent to the players) or can add the players' email addresses to a list of emails associated with the file/folder. In either case the players can then access the files without having to pay for a subscription or licence.

In terms of how the players connect to the files, I find the MSP sync feature works really well. The other option is backup/restore but sync worked better for me.

You might want to think about having the players learn how to use MSP themselves so that they can pull the pieces up from the library rather than having the conductor control their setlist. It's very straightforward and I imagine it would be less hassle than maintaining the connection between the devices, particularly given that you're only likely to need to change pieces a handful of times in a session. If you're worried about the players not being tech savvy then you could manage the settings for them to make it as simple as needed. If you do decide to use the leader/follower connection feature then I imagine you'll need to use wifi rather than bluetooth because I think Mike mentioned that most devices are limited to around half a dozen bluetooth connections but I don't think that limit applies to wifi connections.

Cheers, Guy

Messages In This Thread
RE: Connect Tablets (transposed charts on each tablet), Combine Songs, Connection Issues - by Oz Cello - 08-19-2021, 11:34 AM