• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions re; MobileSheets with Surface
I play piano for enjoyment and as a volunteer at a senior home (before the shutdown), and bring my music with me. I have been playing with the free version of Mobile Sheets. Currently I have an older model Microsoft Surface, and am considering upgrading to a Surface Pro 7. I was hoping for some advice on how well the Surface Pro 7 would work as a tablet for Mobile Sheets. My preference would be to stay with what I know (meaning some type of Surface) unless there’s a huge advantage to switching as I’m not sure super good at learning new devices, and I use my current Surface for purposes besides music. Also, I’m considering buying an Airturn Duo 200. Has anyone used this (or a similar product) with a Surface and if so how well does it work? Thanks in advance.
(04-20-2020, 04:42 AM)Phish Wrote: I play piano for enjoyment and as a volunteer at a senior home (before the shutdown), and bring my music with me.  I have been playing with the free version of Mobile Sheets.  Currently I have an older model Microsoft Surface, and am considering upgrading to a Surface Pro 7.  I was hoping for some advice on how well the Surface Pro 7 would work as a tablet for Mobile Sheets.  My preference would be to stay with what I know (meaning some type of Surface) unless there’s a huge advantage to switching as I’m not sure super good at learning new devices, and I use my current Surface for purposes besides music.  Also, I’m considering buying an Airturn Duo 200.  Has anyone used this (or a similar product) with a Surface and if so how well does it work?  Thanks in advance.
MSP works great on my new Surface Pro 7 (I presume we're talking about the 12.3" version). It's the only machine I've ever used it on so I can't offer any comparisons. I play in Portrait mode (and wear reading glasses) and I'd say if you're not going to crop your own images or allow MSP to do it, you might be disappointed at the display size, but would good quality scans (and possibly reading glasses), you'll do fine in Portrait--otherwise, you may have to explore the various Landscape options.
(04-21-2020, 10:50 AM)KHS Wrote:
(04-20-2020, 04:42 AM)Phish Wrote: I play piano for enjoyment and as a volunteer at a senior home (before the shutdown), and bring my music with me.  I have been playing with the free version of Mobile Sheets.  Currently I have an older model Microsoft Surface, and am considering upgrading to a Surface Pro 7.  I was hoping for some advice on how well the Surface Pro 7 would work as a tablet for Mobile Sheets.  My preference would be to stay with what I know (meaning some type of Surface) unless there’s a huge advantage to switching as I’m not sure super good at learning new devices, and I use my current Surface for purposes besides music.  Also, I’m considering buying an Airturn Duo 200.  Has anyone used this (or a similar product) with a Surface and if so how well does it work?  Thanks in advance.
MSP works great on my new Surface Pro 7 (I presume we're talking about the 12.3" version). It's the only machine I've ever used it on so I can't offer any comparisons. I play in Portrait mode (and wear reading glasses) and I'd say if you're not going to crop your own images or allow MSP to do it, you might be disappointed at the display size, but would good quality scans (and possibly reading glasses), you'll do fine in Portrait--otherwise, you may have to explore the various Landscape options.
I can attest to the BT-200 Duo working with the Surface 7+.  I had an older airturn BT-105 and never could get it working.  According the microsoft they no longer support Blue Tooth 2.0 Which is what version of bluetooth needs to run the airturn BT-105 Pedal.  The newer BT-200 Duo supports Bluetooth 5.1 which is the version that the Surface supports.  So you should be good!