• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MSP for string quartet/small ensembles
(05-26-2020, 11:29 AM)Oz Cello Wrote: Thanks otnt. I'll give Bluetooth a go. I might have a look at the Slate as well. A couple of threads have suggested it but I'm not sure if they're discounting them here yet. How are they for using in sunlight? Sounds like power consumption wouldn't be a problem and if they're good for outdoors gigs then they might be a better plan than Max 3's - significantly cheaper at least.

Same bar numbers are a bit of a rarity for us but most gig music fits into 1 or 2 pages so we shouldn't need to control page turns. Good to hear that you can connect the page turner and use master/slave by BT at the same time though - hopefully the Max 3 can do the same. For the occasional parts that run into 3 or 4 pages we can probably just turn pages with the touchscreen I guess. Should be quicker than turning pages in a display folder.

Any advice on how to set up the library for sharing set lists and songs with different parts? I was thinking of using a custom instrument field but would be glad of any tips.

Right now all Pixel Slate versions are discounted. M3 version is $440 on Amazon at the moment.
I am not using Pixel Slate on direct sunlight because I would never expose my violin to direct sunlight.
In case of an outdoor gig I would play always under gazebo/canopy to protect the instrument.
I think string quartet playing outdoor should be always amplified unless it is a seated concert in acoustically very good venue.
I am always amazed looking at string quartets performing and outdoors background music events and nobody could hear them.
Using gazebo/canopy is must to protect electrical equipment.

Messages In This Thread
RE: MSP for string quartet/small ensembles - by otnt - 05-30-2020, 08:54 PM