• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MSP for string quartet/small ensembles
(06-01-2020, 09:49 AM)otnt Wrote: DONNER is prime example of unauthorised industrial design copying in Gina.

Well, I do not see what anyone creating a BT foot pedal with a very limited and absolutely obvious functionality would need an authorization for. Maybe some meta-functions (like going into sleep mode somewhat soon) are treated in an unexpected/unliked manner, but this is just a design decision (maybe targeting a simpler and less costly design).

I take it that you are presumably a music professional defining other requirements of your hardware than I do, being a pure hobby player. Apart from the described behaviour, that is overcome with the rather simple described handling trick, I didn't find any other negative properties.

I guess that there is/was/will be a larger number of BT pedal users considering the Donner brand (or whatever else) as I did, and by describing both the issue and an effective counter measure I'd say I have done a service to them and the readers of this board by discussing it.

If the sleep mode actuation timing would be so short that you might hit it unintentionally if playing a dense-set Largo score page then I would completely agree to your demeaning, but it isn't.

You are right that you usually get what you pay for. But if you can do with a less featured product, knowing that it behaves this way, why turn to the more costly design? You wouldn't seriously suggest a Tesla to a family who only wants to do locally emission free weekend shopping tours into the town, or would you?

Petra
Playing classical music on a wind controller hobby-wise - and tired of carrying around tons of paper sheets.  Wink

Messages In This Thread
RE: MSP for string quartet/small ensembles - by Petra-Kathi - 06-01-2020, 05:27 PM