• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beta testers needed for new annotations functionality
Hi Mike, I'm interested in joining the beta test for Windows 10.  I'm using a 21" touchscreen monitor on a standard Windows 10 machine.  It's an older laptop with no dedicated graphics, so I don't know if that is helpful to you or not.  Been using MSP for a while now.

Thanks!

kimby
---
Hello Kimby, I've sent you an email with instructions. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Mike
The new annotations framework makes MSPro very handy for note taking during meetings (especially with a stylus). Nice!
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
Thanks Johan!
Hi Mike,
You can add me to your Win10 beta tester list.
Using MSPro for taking notes reveals aspects I never noticed so far..

For example, when looking at a PDF document, I can pinch zoom the document, but I cannot move the enlarged display sidewise. Is that intentional?

Also, when looking at a document and I take out the stylus and bring it near the screen, MSPro switches to annotating. This is super, but maybe it would be even more supier if in that case it would only listen to the stylus for annotations and ignore finger touch. Bonus points if finger touches continue to do what they do if it were not annotating (probably hard) or just terminate annotating.
Johan
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
(11-20-2020, 05:28 PM)sciurius Wrote: Using MSPro for taking notes reveals aspects I never noticed so far..

For example, when looking at a PDF document, I can pinch zoom the document, but I cannot move the enlarged display sidewise. Is that intentional?

Also, when looking at a document and I take out the stylus and bring it near the screen, MSPro switches to annotating. This is super, but maybe it would be even more supier if in that case it would only listen to the stylus for annotations and ignore finger touch. Bonus points if finger touches continue to do what they do if it were not annotating (probably hard) or just terminate annotating.

Without having tested the beta yet I would also suggest it reacts to the fingers even with the stylus in use but only for pinch zooming or moving the view (within the page boundries as to not accidentally switching pages) and perhaps selecting things within menues . that is the behaviour of the actual release so it should be feasable...
Just enable stylus mode in the annotations settings. Fingers are then only used for pinch zooming and panning. It allows for single finger panning which is really convenient. Stylus mode only works with an active/smart stylus though.

Johan - you can use a three finger tap to enter/exit the annotations mode if you haven't changed the default settings. You can assign whatever actions you want for two and three finger taps in the annotations mode settings (tap the gear icon at the top right).

Mike
Thanks Mike, these settings give me just about everything I can currently wish for.
Johan
I can no longer open the beta app, it just close down immediately? Is this a date expiration issue again?
Help, I have a rehearsal in an hour?
Surface Pro 8, i5, Windows 11
Pageflip Firefly Pedal
Since it's urgent a quick answer: Probably the same issue as was posted before. There's an expiration date. 

Re-download the beta apk from the link Mike provided (the same as the first time) and install. You should be able to start it normally after that.
(12-04-2020, 10:58 PM)BRX Wrote: Since it's urgent a quick answer: Probably the same issue as was posted before. There's an expiration date. 

Re-download the beta apk from the link Mike provided (the same as the first time) and install. You should be able to start it normally after that.

Oh thanks, it did work!
Surface Pro 8, i5, Windows 11
Pageflip Firefly Pedal
Sorry about that, I updated the build on the 29th, but the 30th was the expiration date. Everything is ready with the official update other than the companion app which I'm trying to finish up testing on. Then I'm going to finish updating the manual and release version 3.0.0.

Mike
(12-05-2020, 11:37 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Sorry about that, I updated the build on the 29th, but the 30th was the expiration date. Everything is ready with the official update other than the companion app which I'm trying to finish up testing on. Then I'm going to finish updating the manual and release version 3.0.0.

Mike

Looking forward to it.
Hi Mike!
I was wondering why I did not hear from you for so long, but now I realize after logging for a while that I am so late in the news!
I wish I can still help with testing?
Dominic
MobileSheetsPro (W10)
AirTurn DUO (BT-106)
Azulle Access 3 pc stick
Philips 222B9T monitor