• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Display monitors
Is it possible on the windows version to split the page display across two monitors in the way it can be split across two tablets to allow for reading ahead before a page turn? I experimented with a 2nd display on a surface pro but couldn't find a way to display from MSP to both screens. Is this a windows limitation and would it involve MSP displaying to two separate processes which could be displayed in separate monitors? I don't mean just displaying to a larger 2nd monitor but having a page on each monitor.
Thanks,
david_archbold
David,

Unfortunately, it's not simple to have MobileSheets utilize a second window/display at the moment because it is very much like having a second instance of the application running and where everything has to be synchronized between the two windows. The code is just not set up for that right now and it will most likely involve a fair amount of work. It's on my list of things to do, but I'm not sure when I will start working on it. I am planning on switching the app from being a UWP application to a standard desktop application using Avalonia, and when I do this work, it may become easier to have a second application window.

Mike
(06-03-2023, 03:20 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: David,

Unfortunately, it's not simple to have MobileSheets utilize a second window/display at the moment because it is very much like having a second instance of the application running and where everything has to be synchronized between the two windows. The code is just not set up for that right now and it will most likely involve a fair amount of work. It's on my list of things to do, but I'm not sure when I will start working on it. I am planning on switching the app from being a UWP application to a standard desktop application using Avalonia, and when I do this work, it may become easier to have a second application window.

Mike

Thanks for the swift reply. Am I right in thinking that the only way to display multiple pages and to be able to read ahead is by using two tablets? Can a tablet be synchronized to a windows laptop?
At the moment, yes, that is correct. You can use two pages on one screen if it is large enough, or you can use separate devices with the "Connect Tablets" feature. Yes, you can connect any Android, Windows and iPadOS devices over WiFi. Android and Windows devices can also connect to each other over Bluetooth. Once I add Bluetooth LE, it may be possible for iPadOS to connect to Android/Windows.

Mike
Hello @all,

here are some impressions of my two-tablets solution:

In action:

[Image: Tablet-in-Action.jpg]

Cut-outs for access to all operative details of both tablets:

[Image: 20191229_215140-k.jpg]

Space for inserting a foam layer, to protect screens against each other while carrying:

[Image: 20191229_215218-k.jpg]

Folded:

[Image: 20191229_215257-k.jpg]

Some details that are not immediately visible:
  • Tablets are velcroed into the frame: Should any blockhead push the "book" from the stand I hope a certain amount of drop energy will be absorbed by the tables needing to tear loose from the velcro strips.
  • Rather tight fit into the frames, so the complete sides of the tables should absorb shock even if book is hitting ground with a corner.
  • Push-through holes to be able to detach tablets from frame without tools.
  • Unevenly heighted framing due to availability of material from construction markets. Should be feasible much more aesthetically by 3d-printed details nowadays.
  • Mind that I deliberately took older large-sized tablets (12.2", Android 4.x) that are fast enough, cheap (2023-06: some 150 EUR each), long-lasting on batteries (some 6-8 hrs) and nevertheless supported by MSP.

Connection of tablets via Bluetooth (self-contained, no need of a WIFI access point), paging by a Donner BT pedal.

Cheers,
Petra
Playing classical music on a wind controller hobby-wise - and tired of carrying around tons of paper sheets.  Wink