• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Batch (CSV) import of Audio and attach to existing Songs
As with most useful tools, you start using it for the immediate need, and then you begin to expand into other areas of its usefulness.

I began using MS for my band's sheet music that was handed out a song at a time.
Then came a fakebook that I used the batch/csv import and wow that was great.
Now I am expanding into the attached audio file portion...

I have looked and don't see an obvious answer as to how to import a list of audio files and at the same time, attach them to the appropriate song/music sheets.

I have thought about just trying the import process and work through figuring it out, but I have also found that screwing up your database and music just isn't worth the extra effort if you can find the way to perform an action correctly, the first time.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff
You can just add a column "Audio Files" to your CSV file. Separate multiple audio files with |
Some of the Hal Leonard CSVs that I shared contain audio file paths,
e.g. https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...-9243.html
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

If you enable Settings->Import Settings->Automatically Add Matching Audio and then import PDFs you've already imported, MobileSheets will automatically add the audio files to the existing songs in your library. So just use Import->Batch Import if you have a large number of PDFs to process. You will need to have audio files that match the PDF filenames though, i.e. test.pdf and test.mp3. 

Mike
(05-16-2023, 08:12 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: If you enable Settings->Import Settings->Automatically Add Matching Audio and then import PDFs you've already imported, MobileSheets will automatically add the audio files to the existing songs in your library. So just use Import->Batch Import if you have a large number of PDFs to process. You will need to have audio files that match the PDF filenames though, i.e. test.pdf and test.mp3. 

Mike

Mike,

Awesome! That seemed to be what I was looking for. I tested with 1 artist that had 9 songs in my list. Now...is there a way to tell the import to automatically play the audio when the song is loaded so that I don't have to go into every song in Audio tab and manually check that particular check box?
Unfortunately, no, there isn't an option for that at the moment.

Mike
ok. Thanks for the upload help!