• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Display the number of times a song has been accessed
In my MS song library I have many songs that I've played 0 times, some I've played only a few times and some I've played many times.
It would be great if MS could display the number of times a song has been accessed. Similar to how it shows the number of songs in an artist's list.
Thanks for listening! :-)
Surface 4, 4GB
TuneLab
Adding support for that is definitely on my list. The only problem is that I'm not currently tracking that information. So even after I add support for it, there is no way for me to show proper statistics from the past. So once the feature is available, it will start tracking from that point forward. I may put together a list of things I should track and implement it all at once. Instead of just a counter, some users may want to have tracking of the dates the songs were played as well as the number of times they were played. This would allow the data to be viewed in different ways, such as a bar chart, and it would track this for a certain period of time (so the information doesn't grow endlessly). Thoughts?

Thanks,
Mike
The "Recent" tab might offer a workaround: if you don't empty it you can assume that songs that are not listed there have not been opened for a while. You can export the content of the Recent tab as a songlist and sort it as you like
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

This thread https://zubersoft.com/mobilesheets/forum...p?tid=5213
gives hints how to export in a way that you can open the exported list in Excel or LibreOffice Calc and sort it as desired
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11

(09-13-2020, 04:50 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: So once the feature is available, it will start tracking from that point forward.

That is not unreasonable...

What I wonder is by what definition we can consider a song as having been played.
OP uses 'accessed' since that is a more feasible criterium to track, but that would also include songs that I look at and decide not to play.

@itsme mentions the 'Recents' tab, but this does not include songs that are played from a setlist. This may or may not be intentional.
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
Just checked the latest MSP on Win10. The Recent list displays songs that were opened from a setlist.
Can't remember if that requires setting something or if it was a general change of behaviour.

Just checked build 210 on Android. The setlist is added to the recent list, but individual songs are not.
Johan
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
I'm testing with V 2.9.6 on Win10
The behaviour depends on Library Settings - Always Load Whole Setlist
when ON: only the setlist shows up in Recent
when OFF: individual songs are listed in Recent, no matter if they are opened from a setlist or not

Seems logical but one should know that.

Many things seem logical once you know it Smile
Johan
Actually I have always been under the impression that "Always Load Whole Setlist" was for performance reasons so I'm still surprised to see the setlist show up in the recent list instead of the songs.
Johan
I just wanted to provide a convenient way to access recently loaded setlists, instead of populating the recent list with every song that happens to show up on screen while paging through the setlist (because then you don't really know if it was loaded as part of a setlist or individually). I'm always open to changing behavior based on what is the most useful to users. As far as tracking, I think I will count as song as "played" if it was displayed on the screen either when loaded through a setlist or individually. 

Mike
There's a note from Mike somewhere that explains "Always Load Whole Setlist" like MSP combines the whole setlist into one song-like item to load.

The fact that I misunderstood a feature does not imply that the feature is wrong. It could be me that is wrong instead Smile.

Seriously, I have no problem with the current behaviour. Mike has clearly answered my initial question 'by what definition we can consider a song as having been played'. The rest follows automatically.
Johan
(09-16-2020, 06:17 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: .... As far as tracking, I think I will count as song as "played" if it was displayed on the screen either when loaded through a setlist or individually. 

Mike

Thanks Mike! Looking forward to this feature.
Surface 4, 4GB
TuneLab