• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Onyx Boox Max3
Hi,
I just received my new Onyx Boox Max3.   I'm currently selling my old Galaxy note pro 12.2 where I have Mobilesheets pro.
If I uninstall it, do I need to purchase the e-ink version of MSP or can I swap the license with my current regular color version?
Thanks.
Onyx Boox Max Lumi 13.3 -Android 10
Dell Latittude 5290 2-in1 (Win 11)
Donner BT pedal
If you bought it through Android Play store then you can use it on the Max 3 without having to buy it again (just enable the Play store on the Max 3 then install MSP) as long as you use the same Google account. You don't even need to uninstall it from your old tablet (but you totally should if you're selling it). It won't work as well on the Max 3 because the Android version is optimised for colour devices. If it's within your budget then it's worth buying the e-Ink version because it will work better and will support further development of MSP. I'm loving the Max 3. Hope it works out for you too
Hey Palosanto. Restoring backups to different tablets has worked well for me. I'm pretty sure that annotations are included but I haven't checked. Give it a go and see. The only issue I've had is restoring backups to a library that has a different name - if you have non-default libraries then that might be one to watch out for. There's a section in the manual on restoring backups.

Glad the DIY pedal worked out for you. I've been using a bluetooth mouse and it's been fine but I'll get a proper one eventually.
(09-15-2020, 03:14 PM)Oz Cello Wrote: Hey Palosanto. Restoring backups to different tablets has worked well for me. I'm pretty sure that annotations are included but I haven't checked. Give it a go and see. The only issue I've had is restoring backups to a library that has a different name - if you have non-default libraries then that might be one to watch out for. There's a section in the manual on restoring backups.

Glad the DIY pedal worked out for you. I've been using a bluetooth mouse and it's been fine but I'll get a proper one eventually.

Thanks!
BTW did the Max 3 come with any stand or cover?

PS: The DIY pedal post wasn't supposed to be here ... wrong thread, sorry.  Cool solution though.
Donner BT pedal
Yeah, I got the kit deal - 'folio' cover, remote control, spare nibs for the stylus, extra screen protector, cables, dongle. On the box it says you can use the folio cover as a stand but I don't see how. I don't think I'll have a use for the remote control - way too small to use as a pedal. I guess if you wanted someone to turn pages for you they could do it with the remote.

Apparently Onyx is coming out with a couple of new products soon. No announcement yet but it looks like one of them will be like the Max 3 but with a light which would be cool
(09-17-2020, 07:31 AM)Oz Cello Wrote: Yeah, I got the kit deal - 'folio' cover, remote control, spare nibs for the stylus, extra screen protector, cables, dongle. On the box it says you can use the folio cover as a stand but I don't see how. I don't think I'll have a use for the remote control - way too small to use as a pedal. I guess if you wanted someone to turn pages for you they could do it with the remote.

Apparently Onyx is coming out with a couple of new products soon. No announcement yet but it looks like one of them will be like the Max 3 but with a light which would be cool

The remote is meant for presentations if you are away from the tablet, say giving a speech. Useless for us I guess. The cover is supposed to fold somehow with the creases and use it as a stand, similar to this?

https://www.amazon.ca/Jingdu-Origami-Pre...B07NKFS315

Where did you find out about the new products?  Gee, maybe I should have waited ....  how bad is not to have backlight?
Donner BT pedal
The box that the cover came in had a diagram showing it being used as a stand like the one in your link, but it doesn't come away from the back at all so I can't see how it could be used like that. Not a problem - I wouldn't have used the stand feature anyway.

I have some booklights that we used to use with music folders and they work really well on the Max 3. A built-in light would've been nice but at some point you have to decide that the tech is good enough, stop waiting for upgrades, and just make a purchase. I'll see if I can find the article about the new products and post it here.
https://goodereader.com/blog/onyx-boox/o...ember-21st