• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
System status bar issue
I noticed that the system top status bar only displays the wi-fi icon but not the clock, battery, BT etc.   Is this a known issue?

Onyx Boox Max Lumi 13.3 -Android 10
Dell Latittude 5290 2-in1 (Win 11)
Donner BT pedal
This is the first I've heard of this issue. That seems really bizarre. Are you running in fullscreen mode? There is a toggle for that both in the quick action box and in the floating toolbar at the bottom right corner of the library screen.

Thanks,
Mike
Let me guess: Your status bar is transparent and your icons are white. When MSPro displays a white document, you get white on white?
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).
(09-23-2020, 04:39 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: This is the first I've heard of this issue. That seems really bizarre. Are you running in fullscreen mode? There is a toggle for that both in the quick action box and in the floating toolbar at the bottom right corner of the library screen.

Thanks,
Mike

I'm running full screen mode (set in Display Settings). The toggle for full screen in the floating toolbar only works outside a score page and clicking on the 4 arrow icon doesn't make a difference and it stays full screen. However if I'm anywhere else, for example on the library listing page, the icon overrides the display setting and it works but the top android status bar only displays the wifi icon. I think that's how it's supposed to work?   I think it would be good that the icon could override the full screen setting also on a music score page to quickly check the time, the battery or whatever.
Donner BT pedal
(09-23-2020, 10:03 PM)sciurius Wrote: Let me guess: Your status bar is transparent and your icons are white. When MSPro displays a white document, you get white on white?

All icons are black similar to the one that displays properly so they are not white on white.
Donner BT pedal
This seems to me more like an issue with the Boox fullscreen mode with their latest firmware. Once I start transferring the annotation changes to the e-ink version (which should happen sometime this week), I'll see if the same issue occurs on the Boox Max 2 Pro. If it does not, then I'm going to need to get Onyx to work with me, which may take quite awhile. The Boox tablets don't behave like normal Android devices when it comes to the fullscreen mode. Onyx requires that in addition to telling the OS that I want the application to be fullscreen, I have to send out a special request (called an Intent) to show or hide the status bar. So based on what you are describing, their software is doing something bizarre when I tell it to hide the status bar.

Mike
(09-24-2020, 04:05 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: This seems to me more like an issue with the Boox fullscreen mode with their latest firmware. Once I start transferring the annotation changes to the e-ink version (which should happen sometime this week), I'll see if the same issue occurs on the Boox Max 2 Pro. If it does not, then I'm going to need to get Onyx to work with me, which may take quite awhile. The Boox tablets don't behave like normal Android devices when it comes to the fullscreen mode. Onyx requires that in addition to telling the OS that I want the application to be fullscreen, I have to send out a special request (called an Intent) to show or hide the status bar. So based on what you are describing, their software is doing something bizarre when I tell it to hide the status bar.

Mike

Fortunately it's not a huge problem in terms of being able to work normally with the app but definitely something to fix at some point.
Thanks Mike

P.S. Despite all these kinks, your software is awesome. I ppreciate your dedication and fast support responses. 
Donner BT pedal
Mike,
Just to let you know that the issue of not getting the icons to display in the top status bar, seems to disappear when using the 'optimize' option on the application icon of the home page
and disabling 'Whiten Apps background' in the display tab does the trick and the whole top bar is perfectly visible.
I'm not sure if that has to do with the fact that I'm running Android 10 in my new Onyx Boox Max Lumi instead of 9 on my previous Boox Max3.
I find that also improved the readability of the library pages in MSP as well as other applications.
Donner BT pedal
Disabling optimizations fixes a lot of issues. In a separate post, I recommended disabling all of the optimizations (although you can specify a different DPI if desired).

Mike