• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Workflow - what is the best method?
{start_of_tab} and {end_of_tab} are already supported - anything you put inside that block will be formatted with a fixed-width font (a monospace font). This ensures that each character/line is aligned correctly. I'm just saying that in the future I can add additional code that checks to see if a tab is going to extend past the end of a page, and if so, move the entire tab to the next page. This is not an easy thing to do though (despite how easy it sounds) because there are tons of things that have to be considered (such as multiple columns and whether the tab lines are long enough that they would wrap, creating multiple lines in the rendered document for each line in the tab), and documents are processed one line at a time, so I have to do extra work to buffer the contents, and move those lines around.

I can't think of anything that is currently supported that would ensure the tabs are kept together besides just forcing a new page. You can control the font size though (i.e. you can reduce the font size before the guitar tab to ensure it fits on the current page), so that is one thing you could also adjust to make the document fit as you desire. That's a lot more work than just inserting a page break though.

Mike

Messages In This Thread
RE: Workflow - what is the best method? - by Zubersoft - 09-24-2020, 04:12 AM