• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saving Annotations on two tablets(book mode)
Dear Mike,
I'm a classical pianist using two e-ink Onyx boox 3 synchronized bluetooth(book mode).
When I write annotation on the score, they get saved separately, depending on which of the two tablets I'm writing on. 
Is there an option to incorporate all the annotation in just one file? It would be great to be able to visualize the annotations when I'm using a single tablet. I've been searching through all the posts, forum and the new annotation redesign pdf, but I didn't find anything regarding this topic.

Thanks for your great job done already

Thanks for the great job done already!
Not at the moment, unfortunately. Users have asked for the ability to send the annotations over the connection when utilizing the "Connect Tablets" feature, so that's on my list of things to do. For now, you will need to synchronize the device libraries in order to push annotations from one device to the other. This will only work well if you change annotations on one device at a time. Otherwise one device will replace the annotations on the other device during the merge.

Mike
(10-27-2020, 09:17 PM)Alex1982 Wrote: When I write annotation on the score, they get saved separately, depending on which of the two tablets I'm writing on. 
Is there an option to incorporate all the annotation in just one file? It would be great to be able to visualize the annotations when I'm using a single tablet.

My solution to this is: If you have an annotation on an even page, do it twice: Once on the immediately visible page while playing, and once again on the "master" tablet (doing the odd pages for me), from which to draw the library copy to update the slave eventually.

In annotation mode you can page through the normally invisible (even) pages on the master as well. The method is a bit cumbersome, but if it doesn't happen to often ... Wink

Cheers,
Petra
Playing classical music on a wind controller hobby-wise - and tired of carrying around tons of paper sheets.  Wink
Unfortunately I write a lot of annotations on my tablets. I love the book mode and mobilesheets, hope soon there will be an automatic way to merge push annotations.
At the moment I found a bit less cumbersome way,since I found out that I can scroll from the thumbnail bar just one page even if book mode is active: being able to view odd pages on the master tablet ,I annotate all on my master tablet and at the end of the rehearsal, I just push all from the master tablet to slave. 
It's not the ideal option, I really hope that Mike is going to add this feature, for the rest the app is just amazing
Hi, 
Thanks for the topic, I'd be very interested to follow it, and very looking forward to the update that will increment this fonctionnality.

Best
Hi,

I'm dealing with the same issue of annotations on two different tablets. How about a feature that would allow to synchronise only the odd / only the even pages and not touch the others. This would allow using two tablets during the rehearsal (with identical libraries) and syncing at the end to combine all the new annotations in one file without deleting the other half of them.
I don't know anything about coding, so this might not be as easy as I think. Don't worry, it's just an idea.

Basil