• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't Connect via USB on a Boox Max 3
I'm trying to connect my Onyx Boox Max 3 to my computer via USB (I don't have a wifi card, I connect to the internet via LAN).
With MSP Companion open in my PC, I click on "Connect to pc" in MSP and I get stuck in "Waiting to connect to PC".
I have USB debugging enabled and I can see the tablet in windows explorer and I'm able to browse the internal storage with no problems, but I cannot figure out what is different in the Max 3 that MSP Companion doesn't recognize ...

Also, I have no problem at all doing exactly the same with my Samsung tablet. It connects instantly.

Any ideas?
Onyx Boox Max Lumi 13.3 -Android 10
Dell Latittude 5290 2-in1 (Win 11)
Donner BT pedal
If you are trying to use the USB connectivity through the companion application, it's actually utilizing an Android development tool called ADB (Android Debug Bridge). In order for ADB to connect to your tablet, a few things are necessary:

1) You need drivers on your system that can connect to the tablet. With Samsung devices, Samsung Kies 3 provides this. With other kinds of devices, you are probably better off using a universal driver such as this one: https://universaladbdriver.com/

2) The tablet needs to have USB debugging enabled (which you did)

3) You need to switch the companion app to USB mode, and you need to click the USB icon on the Android device on the "Connect to PC" screen.

I'm guessing the only piece you are missing is a driver on your PC. Give that universal driver a shot and let me know if that fixes the problem.

Mike
Thanks Mike,
I had the ADB drivers already but I installed the Universal.   I followed instructions including disabling driver signature enforcement.
The installation detects my Qualcomm and proceeds to install successfully and I rebooted. 
However, I get the same results.  Huh

As I mentioned earlier, the PC actually connects to the device because I can browse with Windows explorer but not with the Companion.
Donner BT pedal
Being able to browse with windows explorer is very different from the connection required for ADB. One is using a protocol (most likely MTP) that allows only for file transfers over USB. The other sends raw data over USB which is normally blocked on Android as it's considered a security loophole. So being able to connect over USB doesn't really tell you if ADB will work. Try bringing up a command prompt window, and then enter the following commands:

Code:
cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Zubersoft\MobileSheetsProCompanion\tools"
adb start-server
adb devices

Let me know if your device shows up in the list.
(11-25-2020, 03:02 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Being able to browse with windows explorer is very different from the connection required for ADB. One is using a protocol (most likely MTP) that allows only for file transfers over USB. The other sends raw data over USB which is normally blocked on Android as it's considered a security loophole. So being able to connect over USB doesn't really tell you if ADB will work. Try bringing up a command prompt window, and then enter the following commands:

Code:
cd "C:\Program Files (x86)\Zubersoft\MobileSheetsProCompanion\tools"
adb start-server
adb devices

Let me know if your device shows up in the list.
Mike,
The device showed up at first as 'unauthorized' but I accepted the authorization prompt on the device and the second time that I issued the command it accepted it.
So I guess that was the problem.
MS Companion works ok now.  Thanks so much.
Donner BT pedal
Glad I could help!

Mike