• 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
MobileSheets and MobileSheetsPro v3.0.0 Released
Hi Mike,

Just wanted to say that I got 3.0.2, and it's fixed a lot of the issues I was dealing with. There are just a few more left that I'm encountering.

The easiest to replicate is the issue where, when zooming with my fingers, whether in view or annotate modes, it's very easy to get the page to go out-of-bounds. If you'd like a video demonstration, I'd be more than happy to record one for you!

There's also still a lot of lag when doing anything while zoomed in, in either mode. It's not make or break, but it does make it frustrating to use. I don't get any lag whatsoever when zoomed out completely, though. Again, this is on the 15' Surface Book 3, with 16gb of ram.

Cheers, and let me know how I can help more!

Harry
(01-08-2021, 06:36 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: If it will help you, I can add an option to the settings that says, "Select annotations after creation". Then you can enter your text, tap away, MobileSheets will switch to the selection tool and select your annotation. Then you can adjust it, but you'll have to switch back to the text tool if you want to enter more text after that. I'm not going to allow annotations to be selected while other tools are active, because that caused major workflow problems with users that wanted to place a lot of stamps as MobileSheets would select each stamp after it was created, preventing more stamps from being placed. 
This would be great yes. Its not really much of a change, simply a setting in which once you tap out of the text entry its automatically got the nudge tool waiting. I've been using the other features and overall a huge improvement, the ability to add dynamics on the fly from the radial wheel is great. 

Its just that when using your finger with a tablet, on a busy score, it literally never is in the exact place it needs to be, every fingering has to be nudged manually. 

My only other small gripe after todays practice,  the vertical space between lines in the text entry has increased somewhat, and, and its made 3 note chord fingerings very difficult to fit onto busy scores. If there was anyway to return that to the original that would be fantastic too.
One of my tablets runs Windows 10 in "S" mode which only allows installs from the official Microsoft Store.  The version listed is 2.9.6  When I open the app connected to the internet there is no message to upgrade.  My standard windows 10 upgraded fine.  Has anyone else ran into this issue?
jdelashmit - Did you load the Microsoft Store app, search for MobileSheets and see if there is an option to update on the store page? That is the way to install the update manually.

meszian88 - I'm investigating what options I have with the line spacing. What I did in the previous version was technically incorrect - I was just measuring the height of the letter "j" and then adding a small margin on top of that to determine what each line should be. That was a very "unscientific" way of doing it and could lead to certain characters overlapping potentially. The new way uses the font metrics to determine the recommended line spacing. I see what you mean about it being fairly spaced out though, especially as the font size increases. So I'll see what other options I have for calculating the line height that doesn't lead to so much spacing, but prevents overlaps.

Mike
(01-10-2021, 07:28 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: jdelashmit - Did you load the Microsoft Store app, search for MobileSheets and see if there is an option to update on the store page? That is the way to install the update manually.

meszian88 - I'm investigating what options I have with the line spacing. What I did in the previous version was technically incorrect - I was just measuring the height of the letter "j" and then adding a small margin on top of that to determine what each line should be. That was a very "unscientific" way of doing it and could lead to certain characters overlapping potentially. The new way uses the font metrics to determine the recommended line spacing. I see what you mean about it being fairly spaced out though, especially as the font size increases. So I'll see what other options I have for calculating the line height that doesn't lead to so much spacing, but prevents overlaps.

Mike

Thanks Mike,

I had to manually go into the Microsoft store and make it update but it did work. Thanks again! I love the the new annotation features, it has greatly improved the experience especially on my Onyx Boox Note2.

-Joel
(01-10-2021, 07:28 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: So I'll see what other options I have for calculating the line height that doesn't lead to so much spacing, but prevents overlaps.

Wouldn't it be easier to add the possibillity to set the linespacing? There could be a slider in the text tool options with default value 1.
Hi Mike,

Another layers adjustment request :-)

Could the visibility of layers be adjusted to all pages in the file?

Currently when I make 2 layers, by default both layers are visible. When adjusting that only 1 layer is visible this change only reflects on the current page.
In a short sheet this is not a big issue, but in a multiple-page sheet it would be useful if the visibility syncs across pages if possible.
daniel - I could certainly give users the ability to control how many pixels there are between each line, but that would mean changing the implementation so that in determining the starting point for each line, I have to measure the height of the previous line and then add the configured line spacing value. That seems like it would be overkill in general unless I get a lot of people that need that level of control. It would also mean that you could get lines that look staggered/inconsistent, as some lines might be taller than others depending on what characters are present in the line. I think just using a fixed line height value so that you get consistent spacing and appearance is probably fine, I just need to calculate this line height a little differently based on the font metrics.

aleksiandrej - I believe you can already do that. Make sure you name all of the layers identically that you want controlled at the same time. Then tap the link icon in the layers window. This will link both the layer visibility and the active layer selection so that if you hide layer 1 on one page, it will hide that layer on all pages. 

Mike
I'm sure you're be thrilled to hear I have a new bug to report to you that I just found while practicing, Mike ? Here's what's happening.

I was just running through a piece and got to the last page. I noticed that the last few notes at the very end of the piece were not visible on the page (they were very low in bass clef). I immediately went to the crop settings for the page to make sure that it was cropped correctly, which it was. I went back to the viewer and used my finger to manually scroll down that final sliver of page, and I could see the notes just fine. My pedal was, for some reason, not moving the page to that very last sliver that was left.

Here's the interesting part..

I used my pedal to go back to the penultimate page, and I could tell that for a fraction of a second, the page would move down to that last sliver on the final page before it went back up to the penultimate one.

Summarized:

Used foot pedal to go to final page, noticed there was one more foot press required to see the very bottom of the page, foot press did not make page move forward, backwards foot press made page quickly go down to bottom of page before going back up.

I hope that makes sense to you, but I'm going to try to capture what's happening and upload a video. Hopefully this is an easy fix! I've never had something like this happen before.

-Harry
Surface Book 3 15"
Donner Page Turning Pedal
Here's the video I said I'd add. https://imgur.com/a/nZVxLbZ

The first page you see is the penultimate of the pdf, and the next one is the final one. When you see the page move the second time, that was the result of me pressing the left pedal to go back a page after repeatedly press right pedal to go forward (unsuccessfully). I added slow-mo so that you could see how it very briefly scrolls to the bottom before it scrolls up a page. I hope this helps it make a bit more sense.
Surface Book 3 15"
Which pedal action are you using for scrolling? I want to make sure I use the same approach while testing. It make take me a number of tries to find a PDF that demonstrates the problem in the same way, but I'll see what I can do.

Thanks,
Mike
(01-12-2021, 05:56 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Which pedal action are you using for scrolling? I want to make sure I use the same approach while testing. It make take me a number of tries to find a PDF that demonstrates the problem in the same way, but I'll see what I can do.

Thanks,
Mike

Here's how it's set, Mike

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Surface Book 3 15"
Also (while I have your attention...), does MobileSheets support the eraser button on the Surface Pen? I know it works as an eraser when you use it on the screen, but I've never been able to get the actual clicking of the button to do anything
Surface Book 3 15"
(01-07-2021, 07:57 AM)meszian88 Wrote: It used to work perfectly though. I put in a fingering, the nudge tool is ready to move it immediately in place, 3 second task, done. now im looking at an extra 4-5 seconds for every single fingering, which over the course of my 5 hours a day practicing is going to get annoying, fast. Im just wondering if i can not just go back to the old build that worked perfectly for what i needed it to do.

Alternatively just a mode that operates the same way, when i have entered my number in the text box and clicked out, the nudge tool is ready waiting for me immediately, instead of inside multiple menu options.

I have the same 'problem'. Putting in fingerings takes a lot more actions. I was very much used to being able to put in an annotation and then correcting its values like color or line thickness. Now, to do that I first have to select the annotation, which seems unpractical. If there is a way to immediately keep the annotation editable I would be glad.

Apart from that I sometimes have issues with pages staying black when I am in half-page reading, which I do a lot. The strange thing is that when I switch to whole page reading there is no problem, and even switching back again to half-page the problem is gone. I have not yet figured out exactly when the problem occurs. When I know more I'll get back to it (if necessary).

But in general there are huge improvements, for which I wish to say thanks!

Rein de Vries
(Versions: Windows 10 (v.2004) MobileSheets 3.0.2)
2 HP Pro x2 G612 tablets - often used in linked mode - with pen
Windows 11 pro
Airturn Ped / Custom double foot pedal USB

Before that: Hannspree Titan2 / Acer Switch 3
(01-13-2021, 06:41 AM)Defreeze Wrote: I have the same 'problem'. Putting in fingerings takes a lot more actions. I was very much used to being able to put in an annotation and then correcting its values like color or line thickness. Now, to do that I first have to select the annotation, which seems unpractical. If there is a way to immediately keep the annotation editable I would be glad.

Is it that critical for you to use text for fingerings if it's just for your internal use?
I use the pen freeform tool and I find it waaaay faster.  Just write the numbers and with pen and eraser that's all you need ...
But, of course, that's just me.  Smile
Onyx Boox Max Lumi 13.3 -Android 10
Dell Latittude 5290 2-in1 (Win 11)
Donner BT pedal