• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Horizontal panning in landscape
Hello Mike
The following point is not new and it is a behaviour present from the first version I used, but I don't know if it is really something desired or a bug, but it's something a bit annoying:

The horizontal panning (necessary if zoom > 100%) doesn't work in landscape mode (my normal use). It only works when the tablet is in vertical mode. This occurs at any moment (in and out of then annotation mode).

You can see a capture video in my Google Drive ("Horizontal panning in landscape.mp4") :
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing

Thanks
Daniel
Horizontal panning is not currently supported with the vertical scrolling display mode. It has never been supported as it adds a lot of complexity to the layout of each page, especially as I don't save the horizontal pan position like I do for the single page display mode. It just seemed odd to me the idea of using vertical scrolling, moving the page over so that you are only viewing part of it, and then scrolling that offset page up or down, especially considering that you would have to do that every time you view the page. In that scenario, just cropping the page is the correct thing to do. You could also then get in a weird situation where you are viewing the far right side of a page that you've panned, but then you scroll down and then next page is in view, but that page will not be panned, so there is a disconnect with the positioning. I'm sure there are potentially use case scenarios where it would be nice to be able to pan around the page while zoomed in with the vertical scrolling display mode (especially while annotating), so I will eventually see what I can do to support this, but I'm not sure when I can fit this into an update as it will require a lot of changes and testing.

Mike
(12-29-2020, 08:07 AM)DaniP Wrote: Hello Mike
The following point is not new and it is a behaviour present from the first version I used, but I don't know if it is really something desired or a bug, but it's something a bit annoying:

The horizontal panning (necessary if zoom > 100%) doesn't work in landscape mode (my normal use). It only works when the tablet is in vertical mode. This occurs at any moment (in and out of then annotation mode).

You can see a capture video in my Google Drive ("Horizontal panning in landscape.mp4") :
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing

Thanks
Daniel

Daniel, are you using v3.01?  With my Android tablet I have no problem panning in landscape both in display and annotation mode when zoomed in ...
If in annotation mode the pan tool (4 arrows) must be selected.
Mike, I don't think he's talking about vertical scroll mode ...
Onyx Boox Max Lumi 13.3 -Android 10
Dell Latittude 5290 2-in1 (Win 11)
Donner BT pedal
Palosanto- Yes, I'm using the last version of MSP. As you can see in the video, I usually use vertical scroll mode, but I wish I could do that horizontal panning while annotating, the use case that Mike has correctly supposed.

But if it is very difficult, technically, to do that, and maybe there are few users with the same need, I understand that it takes low priority. No problem.

Thanks