• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Half Page Turning: variable split position
Sometimes the split position (the horizontal bar / overlay) in the middle of the page is not a good position.
Maybe you have lots of rest before or after that line, but in that line you have to play. So page turning is less possible/comfortable.

So changing this split position would be a good enhancement:
  • tap long on the split bar and get a new "cursor", showing that you could change this bar
  • swipe on the screen and the bar goes up and down (and keeps horizontally)
  • take your finger away from the screen and this position is stored for that page (in that song).
Moving your finger to the outer area of the page and MobileSheet asks to restore the default (= centered bar in the middle of the page).
I am sure I had posted this in the issue tracker. But couldn't find the link to that tracker ... maybe not more in use. ;-)
This is a feature request that I get fairly often. I defintely plan on adding support for adjusting the half page turn positions, I just haven't had time to focus on it yet.

Mike
Good to read. ;-)
(01-10-2021, 05:28 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: This is a feature request that I get fairly often. I defintely plan on adding support for adjusting the half page turn positions, I just haven't had time to focus on it yet.

Mike

Great to hear this is a planned feature.  I don't suppose you have a proposed timeline? 
I'm a huge fan of MobileSheets having recently discovered it and this is the only feature holding me back from switching over full-time from my iPad.  I work as an orchestral musician and I can't operate without this feature.  Looking forward to it. Cool
My goal is to try and have the iOS version completed in the next several months. After that, I will then release the half page turn position feature in a following update. So it will probably be around 3-4 months before that feature is available (assuming no major hurdles are encountered with the beta test of the iOS version).

Mike
(01-13-2022, 05:31 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: My goal is to try and have the iOS version completed in the next several months. After that, I will then release the half page turn position feature in a following update. So it will probably be around 3-4 months before that feature is available (assuming no major hurdles are encountered with the beta test of the iOS version).

Mike

Thanks Mike. Will the feature be appearing on Android as well? When I said switch over, I also meant switching from iPad to Android Big Grin
Yes, it will be released on all platforms at the same time. I always make sure the same features are available on all platforms at the same time (which is important for keeping things compatible).

Mike
Are there some newer infos about variable split position on half-page-turning?
I know it's taken a while, but I'm finally closing in on the finish of the iOS version. I severly underestimated the level of effort for implementing the iOS version and overestimated how much time I would actually get each day to work on it. My top priority after that is released is to work on the configurable half-page turn position.

Mike