• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E-Ink Rotation Issue
One user has contacted me about an issue where the screen goes black after he uses the rotation icon in the quick action box to switch between device orientations. Pressing the hardware button on his Boox Max 3 to return to the library screen causes things to show up normally again. Can someone with a Boox Max 3 and/or Lumi please load a song and test the icon that switches orientations to see if the screen also turns black for you? I need to identify if this issue is widespread or isolated.

Thanks,
Mike
(02-26-2021, 03:19 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: One user has contacted me about an issue where the screen goes black after he uses the rotation icon in the quick action box to switch between device orientations. Pressing the hardware button on his Boox Max 3 to return to the library screen causes things to show up normally again. Can someone with a Boox Max 3 and/or Lumi please load a song and test the icon that switches orientations to see if the screen also turns black for you? I need to identify if this issue is widespread or isolated.

Thanks,
Mike

It rotates fine in my Lumi from the MSP quick action box.  No black screen.
I can't rotate from the System top dropdown though ...  I guess MSP is blocking that action from the System UI?
Onyx Boox Max Lumi 13.3 -Android 10
Dell Latittude 5290 2-in1 (Win 11)
Donner BT pedal
I tried rotating it the other day on a Max 3 - I think I was using the quick action box rotation icon. Whatever I was trying didn't have any effect. I'll be back in the office tomorrow so will give it another try then and get back to you.
I tried it on four Max 3's. The screen didn't go black on any of them. The reason what I was trying before didn't have any effect was that on that tablet I had orientation lock on so I switched it off. I tried changing the orientation with the quick action box and from the library and they both seemed to have the same glitches. The tablet was set to portrait through the OS for all of them. Changing it to inverted portrait just puts it in portrait mode - I never managed to put any of the tablets into inverted portrait. Putting them into landscape or inverted landscape worked, but once it's in one of the landscape modes if I press the icon to change the orientation, instead of bringing up the orientation options it just changes it to whatever the last orientation was. If I want to change it to a different orientation I have to long press the icon which then brings up the options. Hope that helps. Let me know if you want me to try anything else. Guy
Thank you all so much - that really helps as I now know the issue is not widespread and is only impacting this one user's device.

Mike