• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Screen blanks during autoscroll on Linx tablet
My tablet/laptop for practicing/performance is a Linx 12.5" Windows 10 device. It's really slow but that doesn't matter for most purposes including viewing pdfs using Acrobat Reader.

Now I am experimenting with autscroll using Mobilesheets 3.0.8 and chordpro format files.

The 2 second followed by default 8 seconds seem to work but before the scroll starts the screen blanks for around 4 seconds while the 'spinning wheel' shows in the middle of the screen.

Is there a workaround? I'm still experimenting with the scroll settings. Currently I have

Scroll Continuously To End
Pause Duration 8 seconds
Scroll Speed Slowest
Time Before Scrolling Starts 2 seconds

and the display mode is Vertical Scrolling.
Image quality is set to Low.

John
That indicates that the loading of the file for the song is taking about four seconds, which is definitely slow. How many pages are shown for the chord pro file in MobileSheets? It's unusual for a chord pro file to take that long to load. If your Linx device running on battery? If so, did you set it to use more battery power for better performance? That will probably speed up the CPU and load the song quicker.

Mike
(03-02-2021, 03:56 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: That indicates that the loading of the file for the song is taking about four seconds, which is definitely slow. How many pages are shown for the chord pro file in MobileSheets? It's unusual for a chord pro file to take that long to load. If your Linx device running on battery? If so, did you set it to use more battery power for better performance? That will probably speed up the CPU and load the song quicker.

Mike

OK. May be battery but I think it's just a really slow machine and it's not worth pursuing the autoscroll.

I've just deleted a long reply with the details of experiments I've done following your post as the conclusion I came to was the display drivers are iffy and these are old but the latest available. I may get a foot switch for turning the page manually but using this tablet to project a song for the club looks like a non-starter and not worth the effort.

Thanks for the suggestions anyway.

John