• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Set list and audio files not linked when all are loaded.
Appears that if entire set list is loaded advancing through the list does not maintain graphics to audio. Since I have been picking one song from the list this is not a problem. Eventually would like to load all and keep linked audio file with PDF. If I pick Satin Doll would like to see music and hear the same.. Since this is a new feature for me maybe I am doing something wrong?

Thanks for any help. New update working fine on tablets.
If you load a setlist, you should be able to pick audio files related to any song in the setlist. You can quickly cycle through these using the next song buttons on the media player. You are asking me to limit the audio selection or playback based on what song is currently being shown, correct? I can make this an option to abruptly stop the music if you advance to a new song, and even start the music for the new song, but it may not be what everyone wants, so I'd like some additional feedback. Anyone else want to chime in?
If I was going to use the audio feature, I would expect the audio to just play for whichever song is shown, and not be able to select other audio.
(06-15-2012, 06:44 PM)cdawe55 Wrote: If I was going to use the audio feature, I would expect the audio to just play for whichever song is shown, and not be able to select other audio.

Thanks,
I agree. For me I can't imagine wanting to play audio not related to along.

Musicians and singers who have seen my setup are going to purchase Mobilesheets. All of them plan to use it primarily for display and linking audio. A minor improvement to using audio would be longer display of audio files whether a single track or multiple is chosen. Before switching to Mobilesheets I used Zune player so I named files with information about the key, and number of choruses etc so being able to easily see the title eliminates the need for notes at times and allows the user of the performance mode.

And option would be great if others see a need for using audio that is not already linked to song. Thanks for all of the improvements!
I need to know exactly what you mean by "longer display of audio files". Are you saying you want the dropdown box to have a greater width so that the track titles can be displayed better? I'm not sure I can do this easily, but what I can do is display the currently selected audio track title somewhere, and when the dropdown is clicked, display a dialog for selection, so that the track titles are expanded. I can add a "now playing" type label to the floating window, or I can see if I can draw it above the media player, but this may be very difficult as it hides itself automatically with no notifications (it's a built-in component in Google's API).

I will make the change for the audio selection/playback for the next update, as well as an option to toggle between modes (show all tracks in playlist, show only current song tracks).
R
(06-16-2012, 03:38 PM)Zuberman Wrote: I need to know exactly what you mean by "longer display of audio files". Are you saying you want the dropdown box to have a greater width so that the track titles can be displayed better? I'm not sure I can do this easily, but what I can do is display the currently selected audio track title somewhere, and when the dropdown is clicked, display a dialog for selection, so that the track titles are expanded. I can add a "now playing" type label to the floating window, or I can see if I can draw it above the media player, but this may be very difficult as it hides itself automatically with no notifications (it's a built-in component in Google's API).

I will make the change for the audio selection/playback for the next update, as well as an option to toggle between modes (show all tracks in playlist, show only current song tracks).

Thanks for your willingness to make to make the above changes. I am blown away by the incredible value of MS.

Read audio display..... Here is how I use MS:

1.. Call up song lyrics or music.
2... Press bottom of screen to activate audio.
3.... If song has single audio file then only audio feature is forward and back. Forward and back allows advancing by 5 seconds. Can also advance using slider.. Rewind to start would be nice.
4... Audio file name does not display at all.
5... After seconds the audio player disappears but can be brought back pressing at bottom again... I would prefer controlling dismissal.
6... Seeing now playing would be fantastic.

When multiple audio is available it is slightly better.
1... I can see file name briefly but it disappointed? pears very quickly.
2... Pressing start end arrows briefly displays file names but disappear quickly.
3... Pressing end twice gives end of file message.

Possible solutions that I would really appreciate :
1... Use start end arrows to advance story start or end of current audio file or next previous audio file if multiple audio is in song.
2... Always display. Now playing with audio player.
3... Once audio is activated allow users to dismiss or display as needed.
I wish I had more control over the audio player too. I'm using Google's MediaController, and it decides to hide on its own. It also doesn't let me add anything like a song title. Adding my own audio player that I have complete control over is definitely something I want to do, but it's going to take some time to implement.

Those brief messages is something I added so that you would know what audio track you switched to. I don't think it's a good long term solution. I really need to just design my own window that displays the audio track information. If I can find a free open source media player for android, then this will happen a lot sooner. Otherwise I need to go find the icons for all of the buttons, design the window, properly float it over the other windows, add all the functionality, etc.
I realize your primary
(06-17-2012, 09:44 AM)Zuberman Wrote: I wish I had more control over the audio player too. I'm using Google's MediaController, and it decides to hide on its own. It also doesn't let me add anything like a song title. Adding my own audio player that I have complete control over is definitely something I want to do, but it's going to take some time to implement.

Those brief messages is something I added so that you would know what audio track you switched to. I don't think it's a good long term solution. I really need to just design my own window that displays the audio track information. If I can find a free open source media player for android, then this will happen a lot sooner. Otherwise I need to go find the icons for all of the buttons, design the window, properly float it over the other windows, add all the functionality, etc.

Since the audio messages are part of your code could you make it display longer? Also even when a single file is displayed it would be nice to see the title. Seems like once the audio player goes away it stays on the next time. Seeing the player helps anticipate the last chorus and ending. Maybe add code that links title display and dismissal to display of audio?

I am very pleased with entering lead sheets and lyrics - can load hundreds of songs very easily. Still hoping for batch audio import. I realize your primary goal is display. The majority of those that have looked at my set up need the audio features being discussed.