• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extra Space (fill) is added to Botton Of Text Annotation
Hello,

When I create an annotation and insert a color background, it seems to add a line of (colored--same as the fill) space at the bottom of the text.

So, the result is the space taken by the text is larger (drops down lower) than I would like.

When I turned off auto-size, I still could not reduce the amount of space on the bottom of the text box.

I tried several different settings, but I could not figure it out.

Any idea what I need to do (this happens pretty regularly.  I am guessing I have to change some setting, but I can't figure it out).

Thanks!

Jeff
It sounds like you may be hitting "enter" on the last line of the text annotation, placing a line break at the end. So no text is shown for that line, but the fill will still account for that line break. Let me know if that is not the problem. If it's not the problem, I'm going to need to understand how to reproduce this, because when I enter text with a filled background, the background does not extend past the bottom of the text.

Mike
Thanks for the quick response (you are the best!).

I think I did try that.  I tried to make sure I deleted anything I inserted (such as an "enter command")

But, I will try again.  (Basically, as understand it, I should try to "delete" the enter command by hitting the "delete" key as far after the text (so it deletes the "enter" command) as I can get the cursor?  I'll try again).

Jeff
Hey, Mike (or anyone),

Ugh, I'm sorry, I figured it out.  It's the same issue I had before.

The amount of cropping is affecting the size of the text box.

Actually, it would be better if the cropping did not affect the size of the text box, but maybe that's not really do-able.

Jeff
Actually, I do think something is wrong.  I have other (earlier) annotations on this (cropped) page where the huge amount of coloring (making the annotation text box way too large) does not happen.

I think there is something not quite working right here.

Jeff
If you can long press the song, tap Share->Export as .msf and send that file to mike@zubersoft.com, I can take a look at it. I'm not sure how to reproduce the issue you are describing right now, so I either need a .msf file or steps I can take to see it occur. What kind of device are you using and which Android OS version is it running?

Thanks,
Mike
(04-22-2021, 03:50 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: If you can long press the song, tap Share->Export as .msf and send that file to mike@zubersoft.com, I can take a look at it. I'm not sure how to reproduce the issue you are describing right now, so I either need a .msf file or steps I can take to see it occur. What kind of device are you using and which Android OS version is it running?

Thanks,
Mike

Okay, I think I just emailed the file to you, following your instructions.

The (Android) tablet is a Nuvision TM1318 running Android 4.4.4.  (It generally works just fine. I have a couple of them as backups too).

MS 3.1.0.

Jeff
It looks like something is being saved incorrectly in the database when auto-size is enabled. It is adjusting the rectangle for the text annotationn when you edit it in the annotation editor, but what is being saved to the database doesn't match that, so I will figure out why and get a fix in place.

Thanks,
Mike

UPDATE:
I've found the issue and have a fix in place for v3.1.1. This issue only impacts the Android version.
(04-23-2021, 03:12 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: It looks like something is being saved incorrectly in the database when auto-size is enabled. It is adjusting the rectangle for the text annotationn when you edit it in the annotation editor, but what is being saved to the database doesn't match that, so I will figure out why and get a fix in place.

Thanks,
Mike

UPDATE:
I've found the issue and have a fix in place for v3.1.1. This issue only impacts the Android version.

You are the best, Mike!
(04-23-2021, 04:38 AM)jeffn1 Wrote:
(04-23-2021, 03:12 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: It looks like something is being saved incorrectly in the database when auto-size is enabled. It is adjusting the rectangle for the text annotationn when you edit it in the annotation editor, but what is being saved to the database doesn't match that, so I will figure out why and get a fix in place.

Thanks,
Mike

UPDATE:

You are the best, Mike!

Hey, Mike,

The new updates did not fix this issue.  This one is aggravating because my new annotations are taking up a decent amount more space (so can't fit as easily where I need them) even though the text itself may be smaller.

I can compare the same annotation that I had done a few years ago (I guess before the big annotations update?) and the fill box is smaller while the text can be bigger.  In other words space is not wasted with fill.

Page Scaling (on the song I am looking at now with the issue) is:  Portrait; Full Screen; Use default page scaling for song.

There is a fair amount of cropping.  But, the proportion of fill to text used to be much better (and I still see the old annotations without the excess fill) on the same cropped song.

Thanks!

Jeff
I have located a problem when using the "Full screen" page scaling option and I have a fix in place for that. The next update (version 3.1.6) will address that problem. If you switch to "Fit screen", you won't see the text annotation background/border stretched.

Mike
(05-09-2021, 05:00 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: I have located a problem when using the "Full screen" page scaling option and I have a fix in place for that. The next update (version 3.1.6) will address that problem. If you switch to "Fit screen", you won't see the text annotation background/border stretched.

Mike

Thanks, Mike!
Fixed in latest rev.   Thanks, Mike!

Jeff
I'm glad to hear it!

Thanks,
Mike