• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Annotations on top of page are inaccessible
Hello,

When I try to edit an annotation on top of my page, it is inaccessible when the virtual keyboard pops up.  It cuts off annotation beyond a certain point on top of the page.

(So, the only work around is to select the annotation before engaging the virtual keyboard and moving it to a lower part of the page, make the change, and then move it back where it belongs).

I suppose the keyboard is always going to cover up part of the page.  But, I couldn't seem to move the page down so  could access the top the page (where the annotation is).

(I am always open to the possibility of user error.)

Jeff

PS:  I just noticed this is a highly cropped page.  So, this is probably a factor in this.
(05-04-2021, 10:01 PM)jeffn1 Wrote: Hello,

When I try to edit an annotation on top of my page, it is inaccessible when the virtual keyboard pops up.  It cuts off annotation beyond a certain point on top of the page.

(So, the only work around is to select the annotation before engaging the virtual keyboard and moving it to a lower part of the page, make the change, and then move it back where it belongs).

I suppose the keyboard is always going to cover up part of the page.  But, I couldn't seem to move the page down so  could access the top the page (where the annotation is).

(I am always open to the possibility of user error.)

Jeff

PS:  I just noticed this is a highly cropped page.  So, this is probably a factor in this.

Not sure what Android device and Android version you have but the Gboard (downloadable from Playstore) can float so it can be positioned anywhere on the screen.
https://youtu.be/6KkQ_X8RkEE
Can you capture a video of the problem you are encountering or at least some screenshots? When I create a text annotation at the top of a page, the keyboard isn't anywhere close to blocking the annotation, so the page isn't scrolled up, and there are no issues. The only time the page should ever be moved upward is if the annotation would be underneath the virtual keyboard when it pops up.

Thanks,
Mike
(05-05-2021, 03:46 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Can you capture a video of the problem you are encountering or at least some screenshots? When I create a text annotation at the top of a page, the keyboard isn't anywhere close to blocking the annotation, so the page isn't scrolled up, and there are no issues. The only time the page should ever be moved upward is if the annotation would be underneath the virtual keyboard when it pops up.

Thanks,
Mike

The keyboard does not block anything.  Rather, the page rises above the virtual keyboard.

But, when it does that, the top of the page is no longer accesssible.  (And when I tried, I could not "bring the page down" to access the top of the page).

(Sorry, I am away from the tablet right now).

Jeff
Are you using the tablet in landscape orientation? If so, try testing this in portrait orientation. MobileSheetsPro must be calculating that the keyboard is too close to being on top of the annotation, but I'm not sure why that calculation is being done incorrectly on your device. What kind of device are you currently using?

Thanks,
Mike
(05-05-2021, 05:13 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Are you using the tablet in landscape orientation? If so, try testing this in portrait orientation. MobileSheetsPro must be calculating that the keyboard is too close to being on top of the annotation, but I'm not sure why that calculation is being done incorrectly on your device. What kind of device are you currently using?

Thanks,
Mike

Hello, Mike,
(Android) Nuvision TM1318. No, I use it in Portrait Mode.

But, this page had substantial cropping (I do this to get a better view of a partial page). So, I suspect that may be a factor.

Jeff
If you can long press that song, tap Share->Export as .msf and email it to mike@zubersoft.com, I'd like to test with it. I just cropped a song down to a very small square, yet I still don't see any problems creating text annotations at the top of the page.

Thanks,
Mike
Okay, I will get that to you.

By the way, the last version did not seem to resolve the (prior) issue of the (filled) annotation text box being too large (dropping down too much) on cropped pages.  Maybe I will send you that song too.

Jeff