• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sniplet disapears when leaving the annotations editor
vlad,

As far as the 2nd issue, I think it's important to understand what's actually happening with snippets. Due to the complexity of storing image data, snippets are written into the PDF itself, and are not stored in MobileSheets. They are created as a PDF bitmap annotation, but when it comes to the positioning of things, all PDF annotations are rendered first with the page and then MobileSheets draws its own annotations on top of the image of the page. So you can't mix the two where you can have a snippet rest on top of annotations that MobileSheets is rendering. Having said that, if you use the "Embed Annotations" option to write all of the annotations to the PDF, then in theory you could get the Z order the way you want, but you'll lose out on some functionality. If you have more complex editing requirements, it may be best to do the work outside of MobileSheets in a PDF editor, but I think you will find that there are limitations with that as well, and sometimes it's easier to edit the PDF images in an image editor and rebuild the PDF versus trying to manipulate the image in a PDF editor.

In the future, I can add some additional features to help with this such as being able to flatten/embed just individual annotations.

Mike
Thanks for that, it explains what's happening. I guess what's confusing is that the "cut" tool doesn't remove what's being cut from the PDF but simply sticks a white box over it, but now that I know that and understand what's going on with the z index I can easily just resize that white box or even delete it as needed!