• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finding annotations and transpositions
Most of my songs are ChordPro and I maintain these files on my PC. During gigs and rehearsals I use annotations to make remarks and corrections. Later, at home, I apply the remarks to the ChordPro files on the PC and transfer the (modified) files to the tablet. So my goal is to have all files with as few annotations as needed (preferrable, none). BTW I'm not using the Companion to transfer files, but rsync on Linux.

To do my homework I would be interested in having an easy way to ask MSPro to select only songs with annotations, for example in the 'recent songs' view. Currently I use an SQLite query on the PC on a downloaded copy of the database but it is still a bit of a hassle to find the corresponding songs on the tablet. Not a big deal but maybe this request fits nicely into some of Mike's plans...

A second issue is a bit more complex. Assume I have a ChordPro song in the key of C. During the gig or rehearsal we decide to play it in, say, G. So I use MSPro's transpose feature to transpose the song. Later, at home, I transpose the ChordPro file and upload it to MSPro again. You probably feel it coming: Next time I open the song in MSPro it shows the key of D...

A similar thing happens with the capo setting. I the ChordPro file has {capo: 2} and I import it into MSPro, it will show capo 2. When I change the ChordPro file to {capo: 3} and re-import it, MSPro will still show capo 2.
I haven't tried but I assume the same will happen with a {transpose} setting.

I'm not sure what would be the best solution. Maybe a configuration setting that causes all song properties that derive from directives to be updated when a song file is changed?

Note that I'm aware that I have a slightly non-conventional workflow and I have no real problems with the current situation. But one can always dream...
Johan
johanvromans.nl — hetgeluidvanseptember.nl — mojore.nl -- howsagoin.nl
Samsung Galaxy Note S7FE (T733) 12.4", Android 13.0, AirTurn Duo & Digit (Gigs).
Samsung Galaxy Note S4 (T830) 10.5", Android 10.0 (maintenance and backup).
Samsung A3 (A320FL), Android 8.0.0 (emergency).

Messages In This Thread
Finding annotations and transpositions - by sciurius - 06-16-2021, 06:24 PM