• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zooming is jumpy in 3.2.0
Hi everyone,

Anyone else dealing with the zoom function becoming super jumpy in 3.2.0? I can't zoom into anything without the page jumping to the left after I zoom. I think it has to do with the 1.5 second delay in re-rendering the page that was added in 3.2.0?

Here's a link to a video of the issue: https://imgur.com/a/wi0WO5i
Surface Book 3 15"
Donner Page Turning Pedal
Additional changes are coming with version 3.2.1 which I'm releasing today that help with zooming issues. The change in behavior is due to the 1.5 second delay before the page is re-rendered at the higher resolution. This lets you zoom and move the page without it immediately trying to process the zoom and re-render the page while you are still interacting with it. This only applies to the HQ zoom of course, which is disabled by default. When using the single page display mode, I definitely don't see any jumping with the latest changes. The vertical scrolling display mode centers the page after it is re-rendered, so you can certainly see things jump a little bit in that mode. You can consider disabling the high quality zoom if this is an issue for you.

Mike
Ah, I see what you're saying about it centering the page now. I actually do have high quality zooming disabled, but this is still happening to me. I actually just found a work-around for the issue:

I had the little hand and 4 arrows icon that lets you move around the score with your finger disabled. With it disabled, I had to use a zoom-style function to be able to pan around the score (otherwise, I could only pan up and down, not side to side). NOW, with the finger panning option enabled, even if the page moves away from where I zoomed in, I can use my finger to move the view of the score left and right into the right spot. So there's the work around!

I would switch to single page display mode, but I prefer the speed of not having to wait for a re-render every time I annotate. Hopefully 3.2.1 makes the zooming a non-issue!
Surface Book 3 15"
Donner Page Turning Pedal