• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't Restore From Backup File
Old tablet is not working consistently. My restore from backup to newer tablet is missing files without original memory card inserted. I have plenty of memory on newer tablet. How can I restore from backup of tablet that stored to SD card? I prefer not using SD card if possible.

Help!
If you have backed up the entire library on the old tablet, and you select the option to restore to the default storage location on the new tablet, then it should copy all files to the storage location. There should be no references to an SD card if you do this. If you go to Settings->Other Settings->Find Missing Files after doing this, how many missing files are reported?

Mike
How and where do I select the default storage location? Have tried several options but still looks for memory card?
If you go to Settings->Storage->Set MobileSheets Storage Location, you can tap the SD card icon which will switch back to the default storage location which is /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro/files. What path is currently listed there?

Mike
Thanks for your excellent support.

What eventually worked was Uninstall then changing setting in empty database. I now have a total of only 60 missing files out of many thousands - not bad since I have used MS since day one. I also own the Windows version.

I would like to keep  my two Android tablets in sync for work and the PC version in sync in my studio. Can I reliably sync? Any precautions other than backups?
The sync should work fine especially if you let MobileSheets manage your files. Just make sure to perform one-way syncs as the two-way sync will not delete things, so it's better to make changes on one device at a time.

Mike