• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MIDI triggered by page change
I love having MIDI messages sent upon the *start* of a song, but it would be nice if each individual page of a song could also trigger actions such as sending MIDI messages.

Why this? I play some songs that use several patches on my piano (one sound for the verse, one sound for the chorus... that kind of thing). If this feature were implemented, I would have Verse 1 on page 1 of the PDF, Chorus on page 2, Verse 2 on page 3, and so on, with each page turn using my Bluetooth foot pedal not only changing the page I see, but also setting the correct sound on my keyboard via MIDI.
Changing the MIDI messages to be triggered per page would require significant changes to the UI and the database (along with proper handling of errors like MIDI messages pointing to invalid page numbers after the number of pages in the song is changed), so this is not something I'll be able to implement until the iOS version is released. I'm not opposed to supporting it though. In the meantime, you can add smart buttons to the pages of your songs and trigger the MIDI messages either by tapping those buttons with your finger or using your pedal to trigger the buttons through a pedal action.

Thanks for the feedback,
Mike
(07-19-2021, 06:41 AM)eddieplayspiano Wrote: I love having MIDI messages sent upon the *start* of a song, but it would be nice if each individual page of a song could also trigger actions such as sending MIDI messages.

Why this? I play some songs that use several patches on my piano (one sound for the verse, one sound for the chorus... that kind of thing). If this feature were implemented, I would have Verse 1 on page 1 of the PDF, Chorus on page 2, Verse 2 on page 3, and so on, with each page turn using my Bluetooth foot pedal not only changing the page I see, but also setting the correct sound on my keyboard via MIDI.

Could you just make a set list with a song for page one and a song for page two? That's if the page turner flips songs.