• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Link buttons request
Mike,
I would like you to consider making the link buttons moveable.

At the moment the only alternative is to delete the existing link and make a new one unless I'm missing something.

Thanks,
Juan
Onyx Boox Max Lumi 13.3 -Android 10
Dell Latittude 5290 2-in1 (Win 11)
Donner BT pedal
If you press on a button and drag, it should immediately move it to the location you specify. That was changed at some point after version 3.0.0. Is this not working for you for some reason?

Mike
(07-22-2021, 04:49 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: If you press on a button and drag, it should immediately move it to the location you specify. That was changed at some point after version 3.0.0. Is this not working for you for some reason?

Mike
It doesn't. I tried in both tablets.
Donner BT pedal
It's unlikely if you are able to delete the buttons.

But just in case, have you accidentally activated performance mode (which locks everything but the essentials like turning the pages)?
(07-22-2021, 09:24 PM)BRX Wrote: It's unlikely if you are able to delete the buttons.

But just in case, have you accidentally activated performance mode (which locks everything but the essentials like turning the pages)?

Perf mode is disabled.
Are you guys able to move links?

I'm running the latest versions in both tablets ...
Donner BT pedal
I'm sorry - I was pretty tired when I read the message last night and switched "Smart Button" with "Link Point" in my mind. I think it was because you said "Link Button" instead of "Link Point", which my mind auto-corrected to "Smart Button". You are correct - you cannot move link points right now. I'll consider adding an option in the future to move them. I don't know if I prefer supporting long press for that or requiring a selection in the window. 

Mike
Thanks Mike. I think that long press works better since the window actually might pop up right on top of the point to be moved and the window itself cannot be moved either which is an inconvenience sometimes.
Donner BT pedal
Hi Mike,

Would you consider making links moveable by click and drag?  I brought up this last year and I find myself needing it often.
Is it a lot of code to implement it?
Thanks
Donner BT pedal
It's not a huge amount of code to support that. I would basically handle it the same way I handle smart buttons - if you long press and drag, it would move the link point. The only thing is this could cause users to accidentally drag their link points instead of triggering it if they press too long. I'll have to see if this becomes a problem, and if so, then I would have to make this configurable. I'd have to add a lock/unlock option in the link window.

Mike
Wink 
(06-10-2022, 04:45 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: It's not a huge amount of code to support that. I would basically handle it the same way I handle smart buttons - if you long press and drag, it would move the link point. The only thing is this could cause users to accidentally drag their link points instead of triggering it if they press too long. I'll have to see if this becomes a problem, and if so, then I would have to make this configurable. I'd have to add a lock/unlock option in the link window.

Mike

I don't see why it would be a problem here if it's not with the smart buttons, sure if you press too long and drag instead of just tapping the link might move, so don't.   haha.
My point is that treating links the same way as smart buttons seems easy enough at least initially.  I wouldn't account for a potential problem if it might never be there. 
Keep it simple.
Juan
Donner BT pedal
(06-10-2022, 02:04 PM)palosanto Wrote:
(06-10-2022, 04:45 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: It's not a huge amount of code to support that. I would basically handle it the same way I handle smart buttons - if you long press and drag, it would move the link point. The only thing is this could cause users to accidentally drag their link points instead of triggering it if they press too long. I'll have to see if this becomes a problem, and if so, then I would have to make this configurable. I'd have to add a lock/unlock option in the link window.

Mike

I don't see why it would be a problem here if it's not with the smart buttons, sure if you press too long and drag instead of just tapping the link might move, so don't.   haha.
My point is that treating links the same way as smart buttons seems easy enough at least initially.  I wouldn't account for a potential problem if it might never be there. 
Keep it simple.
Juan

Mike is this likely to be implemented?
Donner BT pedal