• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Snych only ONE collectkon
I need / would very much like the option to synchronize just one collection to a different tablet.   "My" tablet has 6400 songs, and 63 collections.  My friends don't want ALL of my stuff, but since I make frequent modifications to a collection that we all use,  the ability to sychronize just the one collection with mine would be very useful !
You could perhaps set up a separate library which only contains this collection; they could then sync to that.

The downside is that you have to switch libraries which, depending on your method of working, may be inconvenient should you quickly need to refer to the non selected library.

Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
Wouldn't it help to share your collection as msf (or would that result in double entries)? Though if so probably it's not much effort to delete your collection on your friends devices before reimporting your current version by msf.
Forgot to say that you would be well advised to backup up your library before attempting to split it (just in case it doesn't work as you expected).

Also, with 6000+ songs, make sure you take regular backups as you wouldn't want to try to recreate it should it get corrupted.

Cheers
Geoff
Samsung Galaxy Tab A6
(08-07-2021, 04:41 AM)Geoff Bacon Wrote: You could perhaps set up a separate library which only contains this collection; they could then sync to that.

The downside is that you have to switch libraries which, depending on your method of working, may be inconvenient should you quickly need to refer to the non selected library.

Geoff

It appears that even though I create and switch to a new Library, A synch tablets still utilizes all files even from a different library.
(08-07-2021, 03:13 PM)BRX Wrote: Wouldn't it help to share your collection as msf (or would that result in double entries)? Though if so probably it's not much effort to delete your collection on your friends devices before reimporting your current version by msf.

I'll check into that.  Currently my solution is to save my collection using songs from a file location on my PC  to Google Drive,  and then importing from Google Drive to the second tablet.  This is not always useful in the the user of the 2nd tablet does not have access to MY Google Drive.
I agree that syncing (just one) collection would be of great value. Like the O.P. I have multiple collections, each one dedicated to a specific band/group/orchestra. I'd love to be able to sync a collection with the other performers for whom it is relevant. The alternative (what I currently do) is to use sync just for myself. For others I create a new setlist, add all songs in the relevant collection,  export the setlist and send it to the other performers. Clumsy and somewhat error prone.

If instead I could give them read access to my cloud database and tell them to just sync their specific collection... perfect!

This would also solve another problem that I have with sync... if you have more than one or two thousand songs and you sync it is hard to see what actually changed. That is because the changes are mixed in with 2000 "Comparing..." messages. If you could sync just one collection this problem would be reduced. I still think that you should be able to turn off the "Comparing" message. I asked for this feature a couple of years ago but it is still not there.
I have the same situation and the same problems.
May be the possibility to define sub libraries would be a solution?
---------------------------------------------------------
13" - Point of View POV_TAB-P1325, Android 4.1.1
13" - Point of View POV_TAB-I1345, Android 5.1.1
Microsoft Surface Pro 4; Windows 10
Phone: Motorola Moto G3, Android 6.0
I'm just trying to get the iOS version finished then I can finally start working off the enhancement requests I've received. I know you've been waiting a while for what you asked for Patrick - my attention was focused first on the annotations rework and everything that came a long with that, then the iOS version (while having to deal with bug fixes) and recently the Android 11 requirements. I wasn't working full time on MobileSheets in the past so it was difficult to find enough time between customer support, bug fixes and new development. Things are moving along faster now than in the past.

I do know a lot of people would benefit from having an option to synchronize only selected groups. This is a pretty involved enhancement though, as the logic is not currently set up to work that way, so it's not something I can quickly add. I will need to carve out time for this, which is why I want to get the iOS version finished first.

Mike