• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Voicing/instruments and lyrics/libretto credit fields
Lightbulb 
As a vocalist (primarily choral), I would love to be able to filter by voicing, such as SATB or TTBB.  Often, I'll have two versions of an arrangement (same arranger) for different voicings.  It would also be great to look through my repertoire based on instruments or accompaniment.

For non-vocalists, it might be nice to search by piano trio, or if you play multiple instruments, get into clarinet mode instead of sax mode.

I'd also like to have a field for lyricist or librettist (or sometimes lyric source, like a particular Psalm), so a "Lyrics" field might be nice.

Anyway, I can accomplish these with custom fields, I suppose, but thought they might benefit enough people that they'd be useful (and likely very simple) to implement.
Composer, arranger, bass-baritone singer.
I have my custom group set up as "Instrument". That allows sorting, filtering, selection of certain entries, and multiple entries in the field. Any choral music I add to my library gets added with "choir" along with the vocal complement, accompaniment instruments, and supplemental instruments. i.e. choir, SATB, piano, organ, bells.

I do wish that 'Instrument' was a default field in MSP so that the custom group could be used for other things. That or have a several custom groups to use.
Sam

Surface Pro 7 with MSP
I plan on adding at least four more custom group fields. I think it's best if I just add more custom groups versus trying to add all the various fields users could need. I just need to finish the iOS version, then I'll be adding these new custom fields.

Mike
Hi there. I'd like to revive this thread with my 2 cents.
I agree with Mike that more custom groups are the best and most flexible way to go. And hopefully also some more custom fields and the possibility to rename them.

For properties similar to the mentioned SATB and the like I use "source types". I deleted most of the predefined values and added the ones that I wanted for the kinds of scores that I use.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

This is still something I'm planning on addressing this year. I just need to figure out when to work on it between all of the other feature requests.

Mike
Just commenting so I'm notified of updates as this is a feature I'd like too
Also as a chorister I would love more custom fields.  Frankly, many of the standing fields I would love to be custom as well, since I don't use them.  Artist and Album are in that category.  I don't use those at all.  I may start using them as something else - but without the ability to rename the field it would be confusing.  I use the one custom group for voicing.  But I would also like to have "Arranger", "Lyricist".  I use the Mobile Sheets library as my primary library for all my digital music (and I'm digitizing all my sheet music - some thousand pieces); as well as several hymnals.  With the resulting 1000's of pieces having more fields for sorting and filtering will be very welcome.  I expect I could use at least a half dozen custom group fields.