• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New tablet, migrate database
If you select the option to restore to the original file locations, this can result in one of two things happening:

1) If the files are stored relative to the storage location, then when they are restored they should be restored to the new storage location
2) If the files are stored with an absolute path, MobileSheetsPro first checks to see if it can write to the original path, and if it can't, it falls back to writing the file to the storage location

Based on what you've written, I would think your second approach should have worked. Let me ask this: if you import a new file into your library, does the file get correctly copied into the storage location? Or is it also being redirected to the default storage location? If you restore the library to the default storage location and then switch the storage location to the folder you want and MobileSheetsPro moves the files, does that work? I'm guessing there is definitely some kind of write permissions issue here. I will say that MobileSheetsPro only uses the storage access framework for accessing removable SD cards. It is not used for internal storage, but it is possible with Android 11 that it will be necessary to use the SAF even for internal storage when files are being written to a location outside the default storage location. I don't have an Android 11 device yet, so there is a lot I'm not sure of.

Mike

Messages In This Thread
New tablet, migrate database - by sciurius - 09-10-2021, 10:21 PM
RE: New tablet, migrate database - by itsme - 09-10-2021, 10:57 PM
RE: New tablet, migrate database - by Zubersoft - 09-11-2021, 02:43 AM
RE: New tablet, migrate database - by sciurius - 09-11-2021, 06:31 AM
RE: New tablet, migrate database - by Zubersoft - 09-11-2021, 06:07 PM