• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Win-10 to Android
Using mobile sheets v3.2.8 on win10 & Fire-10 android.  I build a database of songs on W-10 how do I transfer my database to three android tablets?
I'm not sure if this answers your Q, but I also hold my tune files on W10 (I have over 4000 of them ) - I notate them using MuseScore and save a copy as a .pdf file in a folder listed in the directory. These can then be imported into Mobile Sheets Pro via the Companion app.  I do them singly, but I assume the Batch Import facility allows you to transfer a lot in one go.   Like you, I also use more than one tablet:  I have MSP installed on a second Acer Android tablet as a spare in case of failure of Acer No. 1, so once the collection has been loaded on No. 1, I make a backup, save it on the PC and carry out a 'restore' on tablet No. 2.  The same process (i.e. 'restore' from a current backup) is used when my band colleagues need to update the revised tune collection on their tablets - which also have MSP installed - to ensure we all have the latest versions of the material.

You don't mention the format in which your files are saved on W10, but I hope the above is useful.
Thanks . I was looking to build set lists and other files on wn-10 (not companion) then transfer finished database to androids.
Set up the library the way you want on the Windows 10 device, then go to Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library in MobileSheets, create a .msb file either on the device or in the cloud, transfer that .msb file to the Android devices, and then restore the backup file in MobileSheetsPro. You can also restore straight from the cloud if preferred. For future changes, you can use Sync Library->Sync to another device on the libray screen to push changes from the Windows 10 device to the Android devices (you can also sync to a cloud folder but the direct WiFi sync is much faster). For this, you'd want to set the Windows 10 device as the server and sync type set to "Update Client". Let me know if you have any questions.

Mike
(09-22-2021, 08:21 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Set up the library the way you want on the Windows 10 device, then go to Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library in MobileSheets, create a .msb file either on the device or in the cloud, transfer that .msb file to the Android devices, and then restore the backup file in MobileSheetsPro. You can also restore straight from the cloud if preferred. For future changes, you can use Sync Library->Sync to another device on the libray screen to push changes from the Windows 10 device to the Android devices (you can also sync to a cloud folder but the direct WiFi sync is much faster). For this, you'd want to set the Windows 10 device as the server and sync type set to "Update Client". Let me know if you have any questions.

Mike

Mike,
Thanks for the reply you seem to know the system well.

Did save &  distribute backup .MSB to three  Fire 10's.  Unfortunately Switched Library did not transfer with MSB file.
Had to use This "PC\Fire\Internal storage\Android\data\com.zubersoft.mobilesheetspro\files" and batch copy all files via USB connection.
After some goofing with Settings\Storage\"Expose Database File" realized that was the 'hidden files' option. Managed to find the hidden & 'switched'  components.

Then experimented with "Sync Library->Sync"  once I figured out 'switched' option -- works great thanks ...

Is there any way I can 'sync' multiple tablets (clients) simultaneously from one server?  (one to many).

Good job --- want to keep you on speed dial!

Are you an volunteer or Zubersoft employee?
If you use the Switch Library feature, you actually have to create a separate library backup file per library. There isn't currently an option to backup all libraries at once, although this is something I can look into supporting in the future. If you restore a library backup, it will restore into whatever the currently selected library is, so you want to make sure to uncheck the option to restore settings when restoring to each individual library.

You can't currently sync multiple clients to one server. There is only support for synchronizing one device at a time. Having said that, you can technically sync multiple devices to a cloud folder at the same time, but if you do this, I would highly recommend using a one-way sync to only pull down changes from the folder, as you wouldn't want to try to modify the folder while tablets are actively synchronizing to it.

I'm the developer of MobileSheetsPro and Zubersoft is just a one-man team - myself Smile

Mike
[I'm the developer of MobileSheetsPro and Zubersoft is just a one-man team - myself]
Been there done that.. I am a retired computer programmer (mainframes & mini).
I am talking to the right person. :-)

Using Switch Library store all my songs in 'default'  and second 'FLUCO' stores subset of music for the band.

Have a set-list for "Fluco:  on win 10 version of mobile sheets  when synchronizing    to an  android tablet  the set list does not copy to android tablets.
How do I get the set list  synchronized to the tablets?

Please advise.

Thanks, Hank Jones
Hello Hank,

I'm going to assume you have things set up the following way:

1) On the Windows 10 device, the Fluco library is active, and you have whichever library active on the Android tablet that you want the setlist created on
2) In the Sync Library settings, you have set the Windows 10 device as the server, the Android device as the client, and you've set the sync type to "Update Client". The merge behavior should be set to always use data from the server. You also need to make sure the "Sync groups" checkbox is checked.

If you've done that, and the sync does not create the setlist on the Android device, something very strange is going on. If you go to the setlists tab of the Android device, does the setlist you are trying to sync already exist?

Thanks,
Mike
Thank you. I  failed to set "Sync groups" on...
What language is MobileSheets written in?

Thx,
Hank
I'm glad it was something simple. MobileSheets for Windows 10 is written in C# UWP, while MobileSheetsPro for Android is written in Java. MobileSheets for iOS is being written in Swift. 

Mike
(11-12-2021, 07:46 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: I'm glad it was something simple. MobileSheets for Windows 10 is written in C# UWP, while MobileSheetsPro for Android is written in Java. MobileSheets for iOS is being written in Swift. 

Mike

Mike,
[MobileSheets for Windows 10 is written in C# UWP, while MobileSheetsPro for Android is written in Java. MobileSheets for iOS is being written in Swift.  ]

Supporting an application in three languages would seem a quite the task. :-)

Having inconsistent results while syncing. Source Mobile sheets pro on win 11 syncing to three target Amazon fire 10” tablets. Synchronizations sometimes run in 2 min and other times 4 hours (1400 files).

When I delete all files on target runs for 4 hours.
If I don't delete files sometimes software prompts me to choose which file to use  other times (update to target database) ruins in 90 seconds.

What an I doing wrong?
Are you using Sync Library->Sync to another device, or Sync Library->Sync to a cloud folder? If you change one song in your library, then sync again, are you saying that sometimes takes 4 hours? Or did that happen after you synchronized after doing something that could modify all of the files like restoring a library backup file? If you delete all files, then every file would have to be downloaded, so if you are synchronizing to the cloud and your download speeds aren't that high, it could certainly run for 4 hours. Doing a sync directly between devices should always be much faster than that though. Are you utilizing SD cards or only the internal storage of the devices? Did you change the storage location under Settings->Storage or are you using the default?

Mike