• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Companion for Mac?
I'm thinking of setting up Mobilesheets Pro on another Samsung 12.2 tablet for my musical partner who is not very tech savvy. He does not have a PC. He uses an Apple Mac laptop. So is there a companion that runs on ios? If not, can I administer his tablet remotely from my PC?
The companion app does not currently run on iOS. I'm going to be working on an iOS compatible version of the companion app after the iOS version is released. The companion app requires a direct TCP connection from the PC to the tablet. There are some applications that will attempt to route traffic between two computers as if they were on the same LAN (Hamachi, for example). You could experiment with trying one of those to see if that would work for remotely connecting.

Mike
OK Thanks. Is there an ETA for the IOS version?

In the meanwhile, if we were to have two tablets running MSPro in the same location, how could I administer them both from my PC? 

Would I have to do it one at a time? 
or
Could one companion connect and talk to 2 tablets at once? 
or
Could I have 2 instances of the companion running, one connected to each tablet?
Two instances of the companion can't run at once on the same machine. So you'll need to connect to one device at a time. The tool isn't really set up at the moment to be able to control multiple devices at once. As far as iOS, I'll post more information once I get closer to having the beta ready for testing. It's still several months away at the least.

Mike
(10-10-2021, 07:52 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Two instances of the companion can't run at once on the same machine. So you'll need to connect to one device at a time. The tool isn't really set up at the moment to be able to control multiple devices at once. As far as iOS, I'll post more information once I get closer to having the beta ready for testing. It's still several months away at the least.

Mike

Thanks
(10-10-2021, 03:47 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: The companion app does not currently run on iOS. I'm going to be working on an iOS compatible version of the companion app after the iOS version is released. The companion app requires a direct TCP connection from the PC to the tablet. There are some applications that will attempt to route traffic between two computers as if they were on the same LAN (Hamachi, for example). You could experiment with trying one of those to see if that would work for remotely connecting.

Mike

Hello Mike,
is there any news regarding the companion app for Mac? I'm considering to buy a book note air 2 and use MobileSheets but I have a MacBook Air.
thanks
michele
No news at the moment. I'm finishing up the iOS version of MobileSheets, and I'm also going to work on using something called Mac Catalyst to allow me to release the iOS version of MobileSheets on Mac as well (that's going to come a little later). The companion app for Mac is going to require a rewrite of the application in a different programming language and UI framework. I still need to make a decision on what I'm going to choose for that, as I'd like it to also run on Linux if possible.

Mike
thank you very much for the update. I understood you were going to work first on the companion part. I have also an iPad, I will make a try when it will come out.
thanks
Michele
Hello:
I'm switching back to MAC after sum years on Windows. Been following this conversation and wondering if a mac app like parallels (link below) can run the companion app.
I use the companion app regularly and it would be a set-back if I cant run it on Mac. I'd have to borrow my wifes laptop (shes pretty possessive)
Thanx Much
Nick
https://www.parallels.com/products/deskt...AFFILIATES
(08-17-2022, 09:47 AM)nickmostly Wrote: ...... wondering if a mac app like parallels (link below) can run the companion app.

Why don't you try it for yourself?  There is a free 14 day trial version available.
Graeme

1: Samsung 12.2" SM-P900: Android 5.0.2 
2: eSTAR GRAND HD Quad-Core 4G 10.2": Android 5.1 
3: Home-built BT pedal

Some of my music here
(08-17-2022, 06:11 PM)GraemeJ Wrote:
(08-17-2022, 09:47 AM)nickmostly Wrote: ...... wondering if a mac app like parallels (link below) can run the companion app.

Why don't you try it for yourself?  There is a free 14 day trial version available.

Duh... : ) Thanx.. I will when I get my mac set up. Will post results...