• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Slow / instable connection to WIN 10
Hi there,

I use Mobile Sheets on a WIN 10 Tablet and the Companion on an WIN 10 Desktop PC. I use this setup now for 2 years and everything worked fine - till now.
Usually, the connection between the two was established within 1 or 2 seconds. Now it needs a minute or more.

If I add a new song in the companion, opening the PDF file (less than 1 MB size) lasts much longer than usual and the file seems to be not transferred to the laptop (but no error message on the companion).
The last status-message on the laptop is: 

Quote:500736 bytes der Datei [...]mobilesheets.db erfolgreich gesendet 

(means: "sent successfully")

No message about the new added Song.

After a while, the companion shows "Not connected to Tablet". while the laptop does not show any error.
Both computers are in the same network. The tablets WLAN is stable and good.

Any Idea where to fix this?

I of course did already restart both computers ...

Best regards

Uli
Hello Uli,

This one may be difficult to figure out. Do you have any software installed that could be interfering with the network such as a firewall application bundled with a virus scanner? On both devices, go to the settings for your current network. One way of doing this is clicking the network icon in the taskbar at the bottom right corner in the Windows taskbar, then click on "Change connection properties", and on the dialog showing the network settings for your current network, click "Private". If "Public" is selected, it can cause packets to be blocked. 

It may be worthwhile to uninstall and reinstall the companion app to see if that helps at all. Also, if you are using a WiFi connection with multiple bands (2.4 Ghz, 5 Ghz), use the 2.4 Ghz band. Lastly, if you are using a mesh network, try disabling the mesh capabilities in the router settings. Mesh networks are a major problem for the TCP connections MobileSheets makes.

Mike