• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Annotation mode crash
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1o1Es2xV...p=drivesdk
Well, this is what happens to me a lot of times. It's specially annoying in rehearsals. It happens both when activating it whith the pen proximity and the annotation icon.
It's random, it happens from time to time and ick how to replicate it, but it's been happening now for 20 minutes.
Idk what else to say.
(Sorry for background noise, currently in the train)
If you go to Settings->About, do you have crash reporting enabled? The only crash I can see related to the annotations functionality occurs after the display device is lost (which could happen if the device was asleep for a long time and then turned on), but I don't really see something that would occur right when you enter the annotation mode. If you open task manager, how much memory does your device have and how much is free while MobileSheets is running? I want to rule out the application running out memory and triggering an error. Is anyone else experiencing this crash?

Thanks,
Mike
yes, the crash reporting is enabled.
The display was not off, I'd been using the surface for about an hour before entering mobilesheets, and then it happened again just after restarting windows.
RAM usage is at about 50%, and CPU at 20% maximum. 
No other apps where open in that video (maybe drive in the background).
Is this happening with any song/piece you try it with, or does it seem to be specific to one in particular? If the issue is only happening with one song/piece, please long press that entry on the library screen, tap Share->Export as .msf and send the .msf to mike@zubersoft.com. I can then investigate the issue with that song/piece. If it seems to be random or affects any song/piece, then I need to figure out a way to reproduce it. I do see 21 reports of a crash related to the graphics device being lost and 85% of those are from a Surface Pro 7, so it could be related, but considering you just loaded the app, that doesn't really make much sense.

Thanks,
Mike
For reference, which Surface Pro 7 model are you using? It would help to know if it's the Core i3, i5, or i7, and how much RAM it has.

Thanks,
Mike
One more thing - if you currently have the radial menu enabled, can you go into the annotation settings, hide the radial menu, and let me know if that helps at all with the frequency of the crashes? That will reduce the number of custom drawing components I need to focus on.

Thanks,
Mike
It happens with any score.
The device is a sp7 i5, 8GB, 256GB
I'll try the radial menu thing and tell you in a few weeks.
Thanks!
Hidden the radial menu and it keep happening. I can't write a thing.
Is this happening with any song/piece you try it with, or does it seem to be specific to one in particular? If the issue is only happening with one song/piece, please long press that entry on the library screen, tap Share->Export as .msf and send the .msf to mike@zubersoft.com. To rule out any unusual issues, I'd like you to do the following:

1) Move or copy C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Local\Packages\41730Zubersoft.MobileSheets_ys1c8ct2g6ypr\LocalState to another location.
2) Uninstall MobileSheets
3) Reinstall MobileSheets
4) Import a file and try entering the annotation editor with the default settings. See if it crashes. Close MobileSheets.
5) Move or copy the LocalState folder back to the original location and load MobileSheets. See if it crashes while annotating your songs.

This will help determine if the issue is specific to the library you are using or if it's happening even with a fresh installation.

Thanks,
Mike
I've kept trying and I think the common factor in all the scores that crash is that I've annotate first with drawboard without embeding thos annotations. one they were embeded, the crash in that score seemmed to stop.
That's really interesting - so it's possible the Drawboard PDF application is not playing nice with RadaeePDF who makes the PDF library I'm using for a lot of things. If you go to Settings->Display Settings->Render Preference, do you currently have it set to "Quality" or "Speed"?

Mike
It's set on quality