• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what tablets are you running?
I have an acquaintance who co-founded a company that invented the GigEasy. It's a device that hold an iPad and attaches to the mike stand. I need to contact Brian and find out if it will work for the Acer tablet. By the way, I did get the tablet at Best Buy for a decent price and it's been a lot of fun so far. I'll know more when I get this app.
The GigEasy is a nice mount. Their web pages says models for Android Tablets are "Coming Soon". Ask him what models they are going to make stands for, and when they will be available. I've held off buying a stand for my Galaxy Tab 10.1 until I know what they are doing...
I'm currently using an Asus Transformer Prime, but I used a Moto Xoom before that. I just got an Airturn Bluetooth pedal so I'm getting used to that.

Glad to see the forum up!
~got the blues in my shoes~
I mostly hang out here.
I contacted The GigEasy and asked about Android Stands. This is the reply I received. Looks like they will have a "universal stand" this summer:

Hi Curtis.

Thanks for your inquiry. Unfortunately, it's looking like we won't have a finished product until the summer. Part of the hold-up is that we are trying to accommodate ALL mounts so it'll be a universal mounting solution. But we're still working out the kinks for the best design possible.

Please check back with us if you decide to hold off for another month or so on your purchase and/or sign up for our newsletter to keep informed of the latest developements.

http://www.thegigeasy.com/news/news.html
Thanks!

Dawn Kramer
info@thegigeasy.com
I used to own a Fujitsu Windows tablet in combination with MusicReader, but it was too heavy to keep lugging around and I wasn't going to shell out the big bucks for an iPad, so I got a Tom-Tec Ultimate10.
It's the same size as an iPad (I carry it around in an iPad 1-case), but was much cheaper.
It's actually a rebrand of the Newsmy K97 and it's running ICS.
I preferred the 4:3 aspect ratio, because it's closer to the A4-sheet music I primarily use.
How are your 16:10-screens holding up when using scanned sheets?
(04-20-2012, 08:33 PM)BastienVH Wrote: I preferred the 4:3 aspect ratio, because it's closer to the A4-sheet music I primarily use.
How are your 16:10-screens holding up when using scanned sheets?

I've attached a screenshot from my 16:10-tablet. As you can see, if you zoom in to approx. 105% (for this file), it fits fine.

The chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one, they say....
The chances of anything coming from Mars are a million to one, but still they come
Archos 101 tablet Gen8. Keeps crashing with PDF's bigger than 2MB, works fine with 2 or 3 pages files, but forget about books.
With the Cicada usb pedal, the tablet frozes and i have to reboot.
However with Adobe reader the bluetooth pedal and all the pdf work like a charm.
I have no idea what is wrong with this app and why it doesnt work with Archos.Sad
Wow, that's disappointing to hear motumbok. Sorry to hear about that. It could be due to a memory limitation, or an issue related to Froyo (2.2), which the Archos 101 runs, correct?. There are so many different tablets with different specs, different versions of the OS, etc, that it makes it a nightmare for me to test. I don't own a Froyo tablet to test with, so it's going to be hard for me to determine exactly what is wrong, but it's probably a limitation of that version of the OS. I will try to add some code in this next update to help deal with this issue. I'll contact you after it is released to see if it helps.
Hello Everyone

I just signed for the forum. I am running a Galaxy Tab10.1 and I am glad I bought the 32GB version a year ago when it came out. At that time there was no app like this but I was hoping for progress and here we are. Now I have to start to scan all my sheet musik (about 50lbs) i know the weight because I took them with me on an airplane :-)
While I have not actually used it yet, I think Mobile Sheets is a great App.

Kudos to Zuberman Smile
I'd love to find an affordable tablet .. 10" even better, but not seeing them around $100 yet! :-)
Kindle Fire? .... really? You find it big enough to read music?
I bought a Kindle Fire to ensure that MobileSheets would work on it, and I have to say, it's nearly impossible to use with sheet music unless you view it in landscape mode, or have eyes like an eagle. In landscape, it's usable, but you have to rely on the automatic scrolling, as the Kindle Fire has no bluetooth support, so it's definitely not ideal. I could definitely see using the Kindle Fire to view lyrics, guitar tablature, chord sheets, etc, though.
Very good ... thanks for the info! I thought it was pretty dinky! :-)
I've been looking at a Coby MID1125 or 1126. They appear a bit cheap but .. well ... they are! That's about the extent of what I would want to pay, so might need to go for it.

Thanks!
Dennis
(05-01-2012, 01:07 PM)Zuberman Wrote: I bought a Kindle Fire to ensure that MobileSheets would work on it, and I have to say, it's nearly impossible to use with sheet music unless you view it in landscape mode, or have eyes like an eagle. In landscape, it's usable, but you have to rely on the automatic scrolling, as the Kindle Fire has no bluetooth support, so it's definitely not ideal. I could definitely see using the Kindle Fire to view lyrics, guitar tablature, chord sheets, etc, though.

Smile I've even used my phone (Bionic) to read chord sheets....for piano sheets though I'd love a 12" tablet!
~got the blues in my shoes~
I mostly hang out here.
I second the notion about a 12" tablet. And while we are dreaming perhaps with a second screen folding outExclamation

Somehow I think in the future they will come out with something that resembles two 8.5x11 or A4 sheets as a formfactor (when most of the magazines are distributed electronically and screens are cheap, and perhaps flexible). I also expect perhaps having the electronics seperat from the screen. Imagine like your backcover of your cellphone. This entails all the eletronics and an interface to the screen and can clipped to a variety of different screen models from simple b&w e-:-)ink to super high res movie screens. So the user can choose based on their needs. I would have the obove mentioned double screen for my music and a small 7" for on the road. one day......Rolleyes
Have you seen the Toshiba Excite 13? Going to look closely at it when hits the shelves. That might be big enough to make use of side by side viewing.