• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
adding songs to newly created library
Thanks for the clarification on those issues, Mike.

There was no error message, per se.    When I was exporting the .msf file, it said Generating File 0% spinning for a long time, without the 0% changing.   There WAS an export file created, but apparently didn't contain all checked songs.    When I tried Batch Import, I only selected the one .msf file to Import, not the whole directory, which is why I didn't understand when it imported other files.  So, I knew that wasn't right.

Next thing I tried: switch to original Library >Collection >Select songs I want to move (641 this time) >Export .msf   Switch to new Library >Import .msf and only 197 moved.   So then, as a test,  I tried the same steps on just 4 songs and that worked.  So, maybe a workaround is to move the files in smaller batches?

Alternatively, it might be easier/cleaner to re-upload that one artist Collection from a file on my PC into the new Library, as I did in the original upload.  In that scenario, would I use Batch Import?  

Question about uploading Audio files to MSP:  The one Artist I'm creating the new library for, has MIDI (mp3)  files associated with each song (Song pdf is TABulature, ) , but i haven't figured out how to load them into MSP, under each song the mp3 goes with.  I actually have many different recordings of each song, that would be nice to have loaded into the audio file of each song, but don't know how to do that, other than individually.  
Here is how the 2 files (pdf and mp3) are:  G_BarlowKnife.pdf and BarlowKnife.mp3

Messages In This Thread
RE: adding songs to newly created library - by faeriegrove - 11-18-2021, 07:37 AM