• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Repairing broken sync repository (Google drive)
Hi,

I went to update the sync repo on Google drive from my chromebook tablet and got the message "unable to find library in the selected folder, Would you like to upload your devices library for future merges?". All the files seem to be in the folder, a directory for each song. Isn't there supposed to be a file like "mobilesheets.db" in there?

I then went ahead and let it update for future merges in the hope it would find something simple to fix short of uploading everything again, but it didn't and I cut it short after realizing it really was going to upload everything again and now most has been removed. It takes a long time to upload 1.7 GB at 0.7 Mbps. This wouldn't be an issue if I had fast internet.

Anyway, for future reference, is there a way to repair a missing db file (if that was the problem) without uploading the whole repo? The app seems to work and backup/restore works fine.

Thanks,
John
Yes, there should be a mobilesheets.db and mobilesheets_hashcodes.txt file in the sync folder. If those files are missing, there is no way to recover the sync folder. You would have to upload everything again. The major question is what happened to those files.... Do they show up in the trash in your Google Drive account?

Mike
(11-14-2021, 09:35 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Yes, there should be a mobilesheets.db and mobilesheets_hashcodes.txt file in the sync folder. If those files are missing, there is no way to recover the sync folder. You would have to upload everything again. The major question is what happened to those files.... Do they show up in the trash in your Google Drive account?

Mike
Thanks for your quick response!

mobilesheets_hashcodes.txt was there not mobilesheets.db. I've been adding some large pdfs to the library lately and letting them upload to the sync folder when I'm not at the computer to monitor the process. With my lousy internet, I think maybe the process was cut short and the mobilesheets.db file got lost.

I didn't lose a lot of files in the Google drive as I originally thought. More bad connection issues with listing the directory. I found a relatively recent mirror of the sync folder (with mobilesheets.db in it) on my desktop computer. I use "drive" from Google, a command line Linux tool for syncing Google drive to local computer. I was able to resync the drive folder to that mirror and then let my chromebook bring it up to date and all seems well now. Only a few of the latest files needed to be uploaded.

The missing mobilesheets.db did not show up in my Google drive trash.

John
(11-15-2021, 08:57 AM)jweber Wrote:
(11-14-2021, 09:35 AM)Zubersoft Wrote: Yes, there should be a mobilesheets.db and mobilesheets_hashcodes.txt file in the sync folder. If those files are missing, there is no way to recover the sync folder. You would have to upload everything again. The major question is what happened to those files.... Do they show up in the trash in your Google Drive account?

Mike
Thanks for your quick response!

mobilesheets_hashcodes.txt was there not mobilesheets.db. I've been adding some large pdfs to the library lately and letting them upload to the sync folder when I'm not at the computer to monitor the process. With my lousy internet, I think maybe the process was cut short and the mobilesheets.db file got lost.

I didn't lose a lot of files in the Google drive as I originally thought. More bad connection issues with listing the directory. I found a relatively recent mirror of the sync folder (with mobilesheets.db in it) on my desktop computer. I use "drive" from Google, a command line Linux tool for syncing Google drive to local computer. I was able to resync the drive folder to that mirror and then let my chromebook bring it up to date and all seems well now. Only a few of the latest files needed to be uploaded.

The missing mobilesheets.db did not show up in my Google drive trash.

John
I believe I am having the same problem on a Samsung Tab 7 FE, also trying to sync to Google Drive. One additional clue may be that the last entry in the sync log is an error message. See attached     . I have tried several times and I don't believe the two database files were ever created. I also have a large library of multiple GBs. As I invest more and more time and effort into this app I am getting more and more nervous about not having a backup. Is there any resolution to this issue?
Well you can always create a backup under Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library and then upload that to the cloud or keep it somewhere safe. That is actually a more extensive backup than using the sync to cloud folder option, as it also contains all of your application settings. Having said that, I would like to help you get the sync working. It looks to me like one of the songs/files may be a problem. If you go to Settings->Other Settings->Find Missing Files, are any files reported as missing? I'm assuming the sync is failing in the same spot every time, correct? Do you know which song is related to the file listed in your screenshot? Is anything different about that song? Can you delete that song, recreate it and then try the sync again? 

Alternatively, if you want to share a library backup file with me through Google Drive (share it with mike@zubersoft.com), I'd be happy to try synchronizing to the cloud to see if I encounter the same issue and can pinpoint any problems.

Mike