• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add 'Sort Title' to format options
Could you please consider adding 'Sort Title' to the selectable fields for 'Song Title Formatting' and 'Generate Songlist Formats'. Thank you very much.
I tried manually adding %SORTTITLE%, %SORT_TITLE% and %SORT TITLE% without success.
'sort title' (without the quotes) as a column in CSV files already works as expected.
first language: German
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11
www.moonlightcrisis.de - www.basdjo.de - www.frankenbaend.de

Sure, I can add it. It's a little unusual as the whole point of the sort title is that it is not displayed (otherwise it's no different from the normal title), but I'm sure you have your reasons for wanting to use it that way.

Mike
Yes, I have definitely good reasons, why I think this might be useful.

The alfabet list at the right hand side is filled from the sort title and I came across a case where I did not understand where the characters came from. Making the sort title visible e.g. in the caption would make it much more convenient to check that.

For DB maintenance reasons:
There can be several reasons why a song is not in the alfabetical sequence of its visible title.
This could be
- title starts with characters that are ignored by default: blank, -, ( ...
please correct / extend the list if I'm wrong
- title starts with a word specified in 'Ignore Articles While Sorting'
- 'use Language Sorting Rules' might be involved
- sort title is set
So it is sometimes helpful to check if sort title is set or not.
IMHO the intention of 'sort title' is to provide an option to overwrite all other (alfabetical) sorting exceptions

sort title can be imported via CSV file
exporting via 'Generate Songlist' with semicolon or tab as separator is a convenient way to recreate a CSV file from MSP data that have been modified within MSP
Acer A1-830, Android 4.4.2 - HP x2 210 G2 Detachable, Win 10 22H2 - Huawei Media Pad T5, Android 8.0 - Boox Tab Ultra C, Android 11

I've included this with version 3.3.2 which is almost ready for release.

Thanks,
Mike
Thanks a lot.