• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Acer Spin problems and stuck in tablet mode
I just spent an hour on the phone with Acer support with no luck.

My Chromebook Acer Spin 713 works very well with MobileSheets but when I turned it on today it was stuck in tablet mode.  Nothing I do makes it back into a laptop, and I tried all the Google suggestions before calling support.  

Support said the only thing we haven't tried is a factory reset, which will of course wipe out all my saved songs and MobileSheets itself.  (I intended to save everything to an SD card but apparently didn't succeed.  But I did move songs over from my Kindle so I must have done that from Google Drive somehow.)  

I'm still a novice with Chromebooks in general, but really only use this for MS and the occasional movie.  

Any suggestions for fixing this?  We checked for updates and it is up to date.  

Are there directions for the backups somewhere?  I'm starting to accumulate a lot of material here and need to back it up.

thanks, sorry to be a newbie at this stuff, but I'm creeping up on 70 and I learn the technology more slowly now.
To create a backup file, go to Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library, tap the folder icon and then select the destination. You can select Dropbox/Google Drive/OneDrive if you'd like the generated backup file to be uploaded to the cloud. You can then restore your entire library and all settings with a single action after factory resetting your device.

Unfortunately, I don't have any suggestions on how to get the tablet out of tablet mode. I haven't done any research on that issue on Chromebooks. Hopefully someone else can chime in if they know anything about this issue. If you hit Ctrl + Shift + refresh, that should rotate the screen, but I don't know if that is all you are trying to do.

Mike
(12-04-2021, 07:13 PM)Zubersoft Wrote: To create a backup file, go to Settings->Backup and Restore->Backup Library, tap the folder icon and then select the destination. You can select Dropbox/Google Drive/OneDrive if you'd like the generated backup file to be uploaded to the cloud. You can then restore your entire library and all settings with a single action after factory resetting your device.

Unfortunately, I don't have any suggestions on how to get the tablet out of tablet mode. I haven't done any research on that issue on Chromebooks. Hopefully someone else can chime in if they know anything about this issue. If you hit Ctrl + Shift + refresh, that should rotate the screen, but I don't know if that is all you are trying to do.

Mike

Thanks.  I was long overdue backing up the files, so at least this motivated me to remember how I did it in August and start a regular schedule.  I don't know how to backup MobileSheet Pro itself should I lose that but the song files are saved now.  I've rotated thescreen also. 

I've been having enough weird issues with the Chromebook that I haven't used it for a gig yet, just for practice.  Stuff like Chromevox turning on, screen rotating, etc.  I think I may have the cause of the tablet mode and the other problems.  I think when I flip it all the way into tablet, some or all of the keyboard keys are active, and when I set it on the music stand I accidentally toggle something on or off.  Maybe some kind of protective case that covers the keyboard is needed.