• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MSP closing out on Sleep
Occasionally and very randomly, (for the last few months) MSP will close out if I put my Surface to sleep. This only seems to happen with MSP. Other programs (like Chrome or File Explorer) that may be open with MSP don't get closed down. It has happened when viewing music and editing metadata. When it happens while I'm editing metadata, I end up losing the data I just entered on the song I was working on. It's not much extra work (a few minutes to recreate the information, tops). Usually, I just have to relaunch MSP and navigate back to what I was working on. This isn't a huge deal (it's just a minor annoyance to me). I'm mainly bringing this up to see if anyone else has encountered something similar or if this is another case of user error.

Other potentially relevant information: All of my settings for the power button are set to 'Sleep'. MSP is set to keep the screen on when viewing scores. This usually happens when working in my 'New' setlist (setlist with about 1500 songs that don't have all the information entered yet). I'm not certain that it only happens in that setlist, though.
Sam

Surface Pro 7 with MSP
It's possible Windows is deciding to reclaim the resources for MobileSheets which it can do whenever it feels like it due to it being a UWP/modern app. Microsoft doesn't allow apps to bypass this if they are distributed through the Microsoft Store, however, I am able to request the ability to stop the OS from closing the app in the FastSpring version of MobileSheets which I distribute through my own store: https://zubersoft.onfastspring.com/

I'm also going to look into switching MobileSheets to a normal desktop app in the future, although I'm sure this will not be easy. If you want to test out the FastSpring version, send an email to mike@zubersoft.com. There is normally a small fee to switch versions as I have to pay additional fees to distribute the app myself, but for testing purposes, I can set things up for you to test that version for a week or so to see if it fixes the problem you are facing.

Mike